User Avatar Image

Deleted!

posted by warning756 on - last edited - Viewed by 300 users

Whenever I play Poker Night(downloaded for mac) it will play like normal, but if I don't play it for one day, and then play it the day after all my memory will be erased. Is this supposed to happen? Am I supposed to play it everyday? Please help.

36 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Just saying, my save deleted today. At least, on the TTG version. I'm not sure about the Steam version. In case you want to know, it was the day immediately after I unlocked the final deck/title.. whatever you get last. I already had the TF2 items as well. Basically, I had beat the game.

I'm not mad, in fact, I consider it a bit of replay value ( and it reset my horrible stats, but now that I know how to play poker, I look a bit better anyway :) )! However, it is a bit disappointing to have lost it... but I wanted to say those few details in case they were of any help.

EDIT - Oh. Well. Now every time I close the game, it erases my data. Now that's what I can annoying. Also, steam was also erased. :(

• I know what you mean, it happened to me twice, the second time I backed up my files religiously and somehow the backups still take me to the point of everything missing. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!?!?! telltale are you even able to make this not happen anymore, because if backups don't work I have no idea what to do anymore. this game has become impossible to use I don't know what to do anymore. I jst can't play this game until tell tale fixes this.

• @nahnah390 said: I know what you mean, it happened to me twice, the second time I backed up my files religiously and somehow the backups still take me to the point of everything missing. WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME!?!?! telltale are you even able to make this not happen anymore, because if backups don't work I have no idea what to do anymore. this game has become impossible to use I don't know what to do anymore. I jst can't play this game until tell tale fixes this.

Yes. Somehow the backups delete themselves too.
    It sadly looks like telltale wont fix this because they apparantly lost a lot of money on the last patch.
    Man Telltales quality really hasnt been its best:(

• Thankfully, my data has not been deleting itself (bought at Telltale, used code and play through Steam). But I don't know what in the game could cause it. Either the game is incompatible with the computer, or the computer itself is doing something weird. Can you install it on a different machine and try it there? I know it's not the most helpful advice.

• @Bunnyman said: Thankfully, my data has not been deleting itself (bought at Telltale, used code and play through Steam). But I don't know what in the game could cause it. Either the game is incompatible with the computer, or the computer itself is doing something weird. Can you install it on a different machine and try it there? I know it's not the most helpful advice.

Tried, save deleted.

As I said, I had a backup, and it deleted itself.
    I played this game on another computer where I got the save and it deleted itself. Basicaly since all of those where the same save, just copys of eatchother, and they all deleted themselves at the same time.

So its not the game engine, it is the saves.

• As I said before, saves are just data. And apparently they got corrupted by game engine on exit, though still might contain game progress data.
    And, as I said before, Telltale don't give a shit about this problem.

• @[»Twilight« said: ;450634']

Do you want to know why they concentrate all the energies on new multiplatform products instead of releasing a new patch?
    THE ANSWER IS WITHIN YOUr wallet.

• @[»Twilight« said: ;450634']As I said before, saves are just data. And apparently they got corrupted by game engine on exit, though still might contain game progress data.

You really arent getting what I am saying are you.

Yes my save got corrupted, but here is the thing. I had a backup save, and it deleted itself BEFORE I played the game. The game engine couldn't have even gotten to the save because the backup wasnt saved on a computer, but a flash drive. The engine couldnt have screwed up the save because the engine itself wasnt backed up.

Im still curious how this save screwed up. The engine was the same as telltale texas holdem which didnt have this problem and no other telltale game has had this problem. If this truly was just a cheap cash in(which I know some TF2 fanboy who wants their useless cosmetic will say) then this glitch itself should have'nt screwed up.

• @[»Twilight« said: ;429950']Hello, Telltale don't give a shit about this problem, as can be seen here and here. Forget about the fix, just stop playing the game and don't recommend it to anyone. Nobody will be happy to lose their progress, nor anyone wants to mess with backups all the time.

Err...

In the first link you posted, a Telltale employee is clearly trying to help.

The other link is just you giving a snarky remark to a Telltale employee saying that the game is goofy. When they were also announcing a pouch.

I think Telltale does care about this game.

• @Strongsadioware said: In the first link you posted, a Telltale employee is clearly trying to help.

How? What dxdiag has to do with save management? Issue can be seen in both Steam and retail versions, on both XP and Win7 OS, with different kinds of modern and old graphical cards.
    And all he asked (once) if we closing game via menu (no, we terminating game process in task manager, doh) and dxdiag.

@Strongsadioware said: I think Telltale does care about this game.
    Where?

I can't see they even read this part of forums anymore.

Add Comment