User Avatar Image

Biff's Voice - Terrible - Takes Me Out Of Game

posted by BojTrek on - last edited - Viewed by 660 users

I downloaded the demo last night on the Playstation 3 and when the music started up I was seriously excited.

When Doc and Marty are talking at the mall for the time-travel experiment... it was awesome. It looks and sounds like it should...

I have not played a game like this... EVER! So, this is new to me...

But... and this is kind of huge... Biff's voice is TERRIBLE and takes me out of the game.

I mean, you get Christopher Lloyd and a spot-on Michael J. Fox impression... but Biff is terrible.

What was the issue with getting Thomas F. Wilson? Did he want too much money? Did he just not want to do it?

And while I am ranting... George McFly is terrible too.

Am I buying the game? YES... but it still sort of takes the enjoyment out of the game when these two huge characters from the movies... don't sound like they should.

50 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Carlos85G said: Tom Wilson doesn't want to associate himself with anything to do with BTTF anymore (I think he believes he will get typecasted), he won't even sign BTTF memorabilia. Also, there were many communication issues between TTG-Wilson's agent and Agent-Wilson. He even says TTG didn't contact him when they said they did.

Gale and Crispin Glover are not in very good terms since BTTF I.

If the real excuse is that one (about being typecast) then its a very very lame excuse...

He didn't do anything BTTF related for about 20 years now (last one was the animated series in 1991) So, again, really lame excuse.

Typecast are guys like Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter) or even worse, Sam Waterston (from the Law & Order series, playing the Jack McCoy character for 16 friggin years)

• @Sp1ke said: If the real excuse is that one (about being typecast) then its a very very lame excuse...

He didn't do anything BTTF related for about 20 years now (last one was the animated series in 1991)

And yet, people STILL only want to talk to him about BTTF.

• @doggans said: And yet, people STILL only want to talk to him about BTTF.

But of course! Does he ever did something really big like BTTF in his career? I guess not.

He's being over dramatic with this thing

But I got to admit, The Question Song is very funny :D

• I think Biff's voice is fine. The insultingly easy difficulty is a far more pressing concern imo.

• @Sp1ke said: But of course! Does he ever did something really big like BTTF in his career? I guess not.

He's being over dramatic with this thing

But I got to admit, The Question Song is very funny :D

Yeah, I just watched that for the first time today, haha. Its pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6doN7IEgXc

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwY5o2fsG7Y

You're telling me THIS man was not avalible??? I guess it's because he's the hit of YouTube.

*This was a joke, I'm bummed out he's not in the game just like you but I love this video so much.

• @Ash735 said: Biff's voice does suck, he's better as Kid Tannen, but the current day version just doesn't suit that voice at all.

Someone else voices Kid Tannen.

• I think it would help if Biff's VA used a serious/bully voice when not sucking up to someone instead of always doing the goofy voice.

• @Shadowknight1 said: Someone else voices Kid Tannen.

..., ...., In that case Biff's voice is just bad, we know the voice actor can do much better!

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

You're all too hard on Andrew Chaikin. He does a great Wimpy Biff. He sounds very much like Biff did at the end of Back to the Future after George learned to stick up for himself. I thought he was great in It's About Time, even with the "butthead" line when he was rude to Marty, since that's the first time we ever heard Wimpy Biff be rude in any way. And honestly, after 30 years of acting wimpy, I'd imagine even when acting tough he'd still have a bit of the wimp in him.

You're expecting him to sound like he did in the beginning of Back to the Future before Marty went back to the past, but he's not the same guy as he was then. He has two brothers who are tougher than him (they beat up George after George beat Biff up at the dance), so he still has a bit of the wimp in him, so his wimpy-tough voice makes sense here too.

Add Comment