User Avatar Image

"Get Tannen" Predictions (Spoiler warning)

posted by moturu on - last edited - Viewed by 1.1K users

Only read the rest if you completly finished the "It's about Time" part. All the way to the credits.

If you are still reading you should know that Marty begins to dissapear like in Part 1. (Original Part 1(the movie)) And then it says that Marty goes back to 1931. I think it's because he gave the subpoena to his grandfather, so Kid Tannen kidnaps him or something and somehow makes Artie dissapear form existense. Or Judge Brown might think that Artie was a bad guy and make Artie dissapear from existence. But in the Synopis (http://www.telltalegames.com/bttf) it says that Kid might erase Jennifer fron the future. I'm not really sure how that happens. Maybe One of the gang members is her grandfather or her grandfather is another guy like Artie that gets pushed around by Kid. Say what you think will happen! :)

Edit: Alright, now we know Officer Parker is Jennifer's Grandpa, and Trixie Trotter is presumably the singer that dissapears. The Information was received by a Telltale email update thing.

Email as follows

"Following the blockbuster series premiere "It's About Time", the second episode of Back to the Future, "Get Tannen!" will be available for download on the PC and Mac this February. That means it's just a few short weeks until you can find out what happens in the second of five monthly chapters of Marty and Doc Brown's new adventure. You'll be able to get your first look at "Get Tannen!" in the official trailer, also coming soon.

We have a special treat for you, the faithful Interloper subscriber: We're pulling back the curtain on two of the characters that appear in "Get Tannen!", Officer Parker and Trixie Trotter. Officer Parker, Jennifer's granddad, is just a good cop caught up in a bad situation. On top of dealing with Kid Tannen and his goons, he also has a time-traveling duo causing him some problems. Trixie Trotter, on the other hand, is a small-town girl with big-city dreams. She may seem like just another mob moll, but she actually has aspirations for greatness.

What do you think is next for Doc and Marty? Speculate and discuss your theories in the comments of our "Get Tannen!" Predictions blog post and forum thread! Get on it butthead!"

We know that the singer dissapears because in one of the newspaper articles in Edna's house, it says a singer dissapears. Keep looking for clues! :D

103 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: No he's right. The pre destination time travel theory is that time travel is already written into the timeline before it happens; for instance in the terminator timeline, John Connor sends kyle reese back in time from 2029 to 1984 where he impregnates johns mother, thus becoming johns father. The time line would have already expected time travel for this to be plausible. The time travellers wife also uses this theory.

Back to the future follows the same post desitnation theory as timecop or the hot tub time machine (sorry i cant think of better movies) where the time line does not expect time travel until it happens and thus multiple concurrent timelines exist; So for instance in time cop, Walker goes back in time 10 years, prevents his wife from being murdered and then returns to the present to find her alive.

As far as what's happened in part II 1955: the part I time travel has already happened hence why marty and doc see those events again. But docs trip to 1885 has not happened yet so for instance the delorean is not hidden in the mine and there is no tombstone of Docs. Those things appear once the delorean gets struck by lightning.

I think I should point out that I am basing this off of BttF law and not real law. And basically all time travel movies are flawed in some way. The Terminator series seems to go back and forth in it's "laws" And in the later movies they even imply that you can't change your destiny no matter what. So I'm pretty sure that predestination theory only works in BttF as long as you assume that the delorian can universe hop as well. The world of 2015 didn't come crashing down around them when Biff stole the time machine. They were able to actually stay there, then, leave the universe they were currently occupying (still intact) and enter universe b in 1985. And in that case Biff would not have been able to take the Delorean back from 1955 to the 2015 he knew...Actually when they go back to 1955 again wouldn't they be creating a universe c? Whatever, anyway In the realm of BttF we see both Marty and Doc having to complete there destiny by going back in time is my point. It's a little fuzzy anyway.
    :winslow:

• @zounds! said: I think I should point out that I am basing this off of BttF law and not real law. And basically all time travel movies are flawed in some way. The Terminator series seems to go back and forth in it's "laws" And in the later movies they even imply that you can't change your destiny no matter what. So I'm pretty sure that predestination theory only works in BttF as long as you assume that the delorian can universe hop as well. The world of 2015 didn't come crashing down around them when Biff stole the time machine. They were able to actually stay there, then, leave the universe they were currently occupying (still intact) and enter universe b in 1985. And in that case Biff would not have been able to take the Delorean back from 1955 to the 2015 he knew...Actually when they go back to 1955 again wouldn't they be creating a universe c? Whatever, anyway In the realm of BttF we see both Marty and Doc having to complete there destiny by going back in time is my point. It's a little fuzzy anyway.
    :winslow:

Well since we dont know what would happen if there was time travel, movies can make their own rules.

And the point in the terminator films is that time travel is already in the timeline (if it weren't, thered be no john connor) and destiny is unavoidable; they fail at stopping judgement day despite knowing the future and no matter how hard john tries to stay off the grid and avoid being the leader, he ends up anyhow.

We have no clue which 2015 biff returns to at the end, all that is seen is doc and marty carry jennifer to the delorean.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: Well since we dont know what would happen if there was time travel, movies can make their own rules.

And the point in the terminator films is that time travel is already in the timeline (if it weren't, thered be no john connor) and destiny is unavoidable; they fail at stopping judgement day despite knowing the future and no matter how hard john tries to stay off the grid and avoid being the leader, he ends up anyhow.

We have no clue which 2015 biff returns to at the end, all that is seen is doc and marty carry jennifer to the delorean.

:eek: What about Biffs cane that they found in the Delorean? So we do know that he returned to the 2015 that Marty and Doc were occupying, also they wouldn't have a Delorean to take Jennifer to if it didn't come back. But ultimately the idea that Marty could be the one to burn down the speakeasy is still plausible since like you said, the movie just makes up its own rules. It's still fun to debate this stuff though.

• @zounds! said: :eek: What about Biffs cane that they found in the Delorean? So we do know that he returned to the 2015 that Marty and Doc were occupying, also they wouldn't have a Delorean to take Jennifer to if it didn't come back. But ultimately the idea that Marty could be the one to burn down the speakeasy is still plausible since like you said, the movie just makes up its own rules. It's still fun to debate this stuff though.

Yes but we dont know which version of 2015 this is. Is george mcfly still in martys house or does he vanish? I believe it's 2015A (one where biff is rich) but there is no evidence either way.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: Yes but we dont know which version of 2015 this is. Is george mcfly still in martys house or does he vanish? I believe it's 2015A (one where biff is rich) but there is no evidence either way.

Grandma and Grandpa just disappear, right in the middle of pizza night! how rude!

• kid tannen is going to shot martys grandfather :O

• @speedythecat said: kid tannen is going to shot martys grandfather :O

Yeah i'd imagine with Arthur testifying against Kid, that he could get shot.

• @R.I.P-Bill said: That's my problem with BTTF Part II. When Marty and Doc go back to 1985A where Biff is powerful and in possesion of the almanac, Marty is supposed to be at boarding school and Doc committed. So are the "alternate" Doc and Marty really elsewhere? Because in that case, Doc didn't invent the time machine, Marty didn't end up in 1955, Doc didn't go thirty year into the future and then come back for Marty, Marty never bought the almanac, and Old Biff never gave the book to himself. And even if alternate Doc and Marty DID invent the time machine, the Marty in 1955 trying to get his parents back together would not have the same adventure as the first film. He wouldn't really know his father since George is dead but the adventure is the same nonetheless? PARODOX!

Not complaining, just thinking out loud :)

I agreed with and/or followed what you said until that point. In the film, what with when the newspaper was dated and when Biff got married to Marty's mum, it's clear to me Marty that he did know his father, and that because the Armanac only predicted sporting events, the events of the first movie would still have played out, whether you use pre Marty's influence or the altered reality. We also don't know when Doc got sent to the asylum. It's very possible that 1985A Marty would have befriended him and tried to prevent the murder of his father.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

@Vainamoinen said: Nonetheless, here's a short list of possible things to happen, just to show you how "predictions" work old-school:

Quoting myself again to see how I fared

[LIST]
    [*]Young Doc and Edna will get a lot closer to each other. CORRECT
    [*]The episode will not have many scenes with Young Emmet and focus on other, new characters instead. Mostly correct
    [*]Artie will find his courage just like George did, making him a better father. Good news! Incorrect
    [*]The 1931 town square will be expanded upon, with more places to visit. Mostly correct: There were new places, but the old ones were cut
    [*]Doc will tell Marty what to do to save his life, but not help him, because he's occupied with... say... repairing the time machine yet again. The scene shown in the earliest IGN screenshots will occur right at the beginning of the episode, although it won't look exactly the same. Incorrect: Doc is indeed stuck in the hotel, leaving Marty to do everything, but the IGN scene hasn't resurfaced
    [*]We will find out who burned down the speakeasy. Paradox or no, it could actually be Marty. ;) Incorrect: Although there's a likely suspect, we don't know for sure if it was Edna.
    [*]Trixie might be performing in the speakeasy; it's unlikely that we don't see this place at all. As the only alternative, we'll have a stage setup very much like Jessica Rabbit's first appearance in "Roger Rabbit". Correct
    [*]Come to think of it, the interior of the speakeasy could bear an actual resemblance to one "inventory". Incorrect
    [*]Trixie WILL sing (LONG CUTSCENE!) and people will justly praise Jared Emerson-Johnson for this like a God. Half-correct. No cutscene, but mucho singing!
    [*]While we're there and with all the music going on, Marty could get his hands on a guitar. Maybe Trix needs some support?? Incorrect
    [*]Kid Tannen won't get even the slightest jota more believeable and continue to be a mere Biff copy. Correct
    [*]At the end of the episode, Marty will think that he has done everything right and will head right back into his ol' present. But he's WRONG WRONG WRONG! Correct
    [/LIST]

Well, ermmm... I thought I was more right. ;)

Add Comment