User Avatar Image

Fables

posted by Woodsyblue on - last edited - Viewed by 209 users

So, with Fables being one of the games revealed, what do people think? I personally had never heard of it before, I'm looking into it now.

What is other peoples response to this news?

20 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @GozzoMan said: Is that Dylan Dog in your avatar? :D

(An Italian comics series, for the rest of the audience ;) )

Yes it is. :)

• @LordKinbote said: Fables is one of the best comics on the stands today. When they announced both of their new games, I turned to my wife and said "I think this company was created especially for me."

I know the feeling! Is there some sort of probe in my brain that controls Telltale's business decisions?!

Though, honestly, I was never much of a Walking Dead fan. Tried reading the comics and watching the show, but I couldn't get into it.

• I just started reading Fables last month. Got the first trade paperback for christmas and I loved it. Anyone have any suggestion for any special parts of the series a newcomer should look into? Or can I just continue with the the trades?

• I am aware of it... but I have never read any of it.

• @swedish_jedi said: I just started reading Fables last month. Got the first trade paperback for christmas and I loved it. Anyone have any suggestion for any special parts of the series a newcomer should look into? Or can I just continue with the the trades?

Continue with the trades. I think by the point you reach March of the Wooden Soldiers, you will love it.

• Making the main character Jack would be a really good idea. He's a trickster archetype, and his backstory is simple: he's every fabled Jack.

The very best thing Telltale could ever possibly do is make a game based on another Vertigo property: Transmetropolitan. And, by some miracle, do it exactly right.

• Could someone with power please move this, this and this to the respective new areas of the forums :)

Also feel free to rename them to [game name here]: original discussion, or even lock them if you think they are done.

• @BiggerJ said: Making the main character Jack would be a really good idea. He's a trickster archetype, and his backstory is simple: he's every fabled Jack.

The very best thing Telltale could ever possibly do is make a game based on another Vertigo property: Transmetropolitan. And, by some miracle, do it exactly right.

Transmetropolitan, while quite possibly the best comic EVER, would not translate very well into a game due to how tightly constructed its story is. A game set in the world I could see, but not one directly related to the series. There's just not really any holes to fill.

Also, I agree Jack would be a fun main character, but it seems more likely to be someone else. Jack has his own spin-off already after all.

Add Comment