User Avatar Image

Wrong Raptor look.

posted by Siegfried.m on - last edited - Viewed by 674 users

I watched the trailer and realize that the Raptor's look is wrong.
It's based on 1st movie look, but they was wrong (not realistic). In fact, in third movie they have a different and corrected look.
Why you chosen the wrong look?

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Because we dont want to be reminded of the awful third movie and we dont want to see big chickens either.

They are doing a license-based game and its the only acceptable decision to stick with (first) movie-canon and ignore scientific facts!

• Raptors from JP are the best ones. The dinos from JP doesn't have to be completely like they were in real life either (since they aren't true "copies" of the real ones, they used other DNA to fill the gaps)

• The source material of the game is the first film and so will use the science and dinosaur depictions from that.

• @Sadonicus said: They are doing a license-based game and its the only acceptable decision to stick with (first) movie-canon and ignore scientific facts!

as if JP was scientifically accurate anyway. i'd rather have the look of things remain consistent instead of changing with every minor discovery there is.

• @Sadonicus said: Because we dont want to be reminded of the awful third movie and we dont want to see big chickens either.

I wouldn't call the third one awful.

• The Lost World and JP3 took place on a different island than JP1, so it could simply be a different species of raptor. Also the island from the last two movies was where research and genetic experimenting took place. Remember, Spinosaurus wasn't on Ingen's dinosaur list. So they may have been tweaking the raptor formula.

• User Avatar Image
    bubbledncr Telltale Staff

The game is based on the first movie, so thus, the raptors look as they did in the first movie.

• Telltale is a smart game company. They understand that JP3 was an aborted fetus of a sequel to a grand work of art. The JP1 raptors are perfect for what they are. There is no sense in making them look scientifically accurate when this is a game based off Jurassic Park. A film that was wrong from the start but we came to love the Dinosaurs anyway.

• @Siegfried.m said: I watched the trailer and realize that the Raptor's look is wrong.
    It's based on 1st movie look, but they was wrong (not realistic). In fact, in third movie they have a different and corrected look.
    Why you chosen the wrong look?

Actually, the third movie had a wrong look too. The raptors were supposed to be smaller and they actually had a lot more feathers than just a few at the top of their heads. The Jurassic park movies have been wrong from the begining when calling them Velociraptor. There' just to darn big to be Velociraptors.

Also, this game takes place during and after the first film so it only make since that the dinosaur look the same as they did in the first film.

• One thing I need to adress though is:

Was the raptors head really that wide and flat?

Raptor from the trailer:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2374&stc=1&d

Raptor from the movie:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=2375&stc=1&d

Hopefully this will be changed till release!

Add Comment