User Avatar Image

No New Monkey Island Games?

posted by Voodoomaster on - last edited - Viewed by 726 users

I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, disappointed that there will not be new Monkey Island Games in the next two years.

TTG, if you wanted to do a game without being sure to be able to make a sequel, you should'nt end it with an open ending.

After i finished playing Back to The Future I seriously doubt I'll be back here soon :mad:

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • After TMI came out 9 years after EMI Iv lered not to give up hope.

• Q_Q

Well, they couldn't get LucasArts' agreement this time around I guess. It happens. I believe the new Monkey Island can be done by some other company, too. My bucks are on Double Fine. I mean, you don't have to be a jerk about it now. They would do it if they could. They know they can sell it like selling shaving cream to a colony of bigfoots.

• alright Lucas arts please don't disappoint us. this is the perfect opportunity to turn around your reputation with all your old fans. Make the new monkey island game and all is forgiven,

• Really you were all expecting a new Monkey game??
    I thought it was just wishfull thinking, i mean, we all want it although we all know it was pretty imposible.

It has been explained several times that if a new game should happen, the first move must be made by LucasArts. And i think we all know by now that things at LucasArts are not very Monkey friendly right now.

So how come everybody is surprised now?

• @Ignatius said: Really you were all expecting a new Monkey game??
    I thought it was just wishfull thinking, i mean, we all want it although we all know it was pretty imposible.

It has been explained several times that if a new game should happen, the first move must be made by LucasArts. And i think we all know by now that things at LucasArts are not very Monkey friendly right now.

You have never tried hoping against hope?

• @Falanca said: Q_Q

Well, they couldn't get LucasArts' agreement this time around I guess. It happens. I believe the new Monkey Island can be done by some other company, too. My bucks are on Double Fine. I mean, you don't have to be a jerk about it now. They would do it if they could. They know they can sell it like selling shaving cream to a colony of bigfoots.

Are you sure that's the reason?

check out this: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=30919

I'm afraid it's just a matter of merchandising.Maybe MI didn't sell enough after all.

Or producing the game was too expensive.

They're making a new puzzle agent, wich I barely believe could have been more successful than TOMI.. but surely more cheap to produce.

Anyway I agree with Voodoomaster. I'm very dissapointed

• @Ignatius said: Really you were all expecting a new Monkey game??

But everybody is always money frendly

If the game sells, that's no such thing as "freindship" that can stop a businessman today

As I said, two options: the game didn't sell well after all, or producing it was too expensive for TT because of royalty

third option: wasn't enough convenient for LucasA

• @coolsome said: After TMI came out 9 years after EMI Iv lered not to give up hope.

that's all we've been left with

• Honestly we were lucky we got anything at all, let alone a sequel and two remakes.

The series ended on a good note, we don't really need a sequel. If one happens I'll be the first in line to buy it but I'm not worried about it.

Add Comment