User Avatar Image

Welcome to the Fables Forums

posted by Alan Johnson on - last edited - Viewed by 2.1K users

Hey everyone! Welcome to the Fables forums!

Enjoy yourselves, but don't let The Adversary get you!

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Alan Johnson said: ...don't let The Adversary get you!

I guess this means the episodes are going to be set somewhere in the first half of the series (thusfar) then. :P

• The story was featured on the front page of Superherohype, a leading comics and film website I frequent, that is connected to AintitCool, LatinoReview, Comingsoon, etc. Why am I posting this? I've been going to this website even longer than Telltale, and I never thought I'd see the day that Telltale was featured on their front page. It's cool! If you wanted to get the attention of comics fans to this project, this website was a fantastic place to do so.

• Interesting, not sure how it's going to work in an adventure game setting but Telltale has amazed me before.

• I'm curious to see how this will turn out.
    Will there be rape in the game too? It's not a true DC-related product if there isn't rape.

• @Voodoo Lord said: I'm curious to see how this will turn out.
    Will there be rape in the game too? It's not a true DC-related product if there isn't rape.

:confused::confused:WTF are you talking about. Apart from publishing libel about DC, of course.

• I can tell you don't read DC/Vertigo comics much.
    Let's just say that the company is...jenerous about putting rape in their stories.

• @Voodoo Lord said: I can tell you don't read DC/Vertigo comics much.
    Let's just say that the company is...jenerous about putting rape in their stories.

Actually I have a large collection of comics. Especially DC and Vertigo and I would disagree with you assessment.

Vertigo is thier mature imprint and usually deals with crime you would expect sexual situations and mature content. Doesn't mean it is in every title.

I can't remember one scene in any of the recent stuff like Daytripper, American Vampire, Sweet Tooth, Unwritten, I Zombie etc.

I wouldn't say it never appears in the likes of Scalped etc but so what.

Fables has over 100 issues and a few spin offs. I can't remember any rapes scenes in the storyline, but I don't know it off by heart.

• @Lucien21 said:
    Doesn't mean it is in every title.

Of course it doesn't, that's why I didn't say it.
    Nor did I say that they've done it a billion times or anything like that.
    With this:
    the company is...jenerous about putting rape in their stories
    I meant that they use the "rape" device more than they should. Which they do.
    Case in point:
    fables-new-readers-guide-200701031137526

• @Voodoo Lord said: Of course it doesn't, that's why I didn't say it.
    Nor did I say that they've done it a billion times or anything like that.
    With this:

Actually you did imply it when you said it wasn't a true DC product without it. Which would suggest that they all do or they aren't true DC products.

I meant that they use the "rape" device more than they should. Which they do.
    Case in point:
    fables-new-readers-guide-200701031137526

That's only in his backstory and never explict in the issues. Plus it was during a brutal war where those kind of things happen.

I think you are overthinking this issue.

• @Lucien21 said: Actually you did imply it when you said it wasn't a true DC product without it. Which would suggest that they all do or they aren't true DC products.

That was a joke. So no, I don't really think that any DC-related product must have a rape scene in it.

That's only in his backstory and never explict in the issues. Plus it was during a brutal war where those kind of things happen.

I think you are overthinking this issue.

Good thing I never said they do it too explicitly or without context then!
    It's about the execution. It was too juvenile and cliched, to the point they should haven't used it in the first place, since they couldn't handle it in an interesting manner. But rape used as a backstory is the fad of this time, authors think no matter how you handle it it automatically makes a character and a story deep and mature and whatnot, and that's what my complaint was about.

EDIT: Besides, it was pretty explicit. The only way it could have been more explicit was if they actually showed the genitals.

Add Comment