31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Sounds like he disrespects the adventure game genre and is selling it short.... though I can imagine just about anything working as an adventure game.

• I'd love that more than Fables or The Walking Dead, but Radiomaru is right. Scott Pilgrim IS influenced heavily by retro action games more than adventure games.

Still, little infos like this help me retain my love towards you, Telltale.

• Gotta wonder what other franchises they wanted to do.

• Just as well. Lucky escape for Telltale.

Scott Pilgrim as a chacter is a complete dick. The game references in the manga are too mario and streetfighter to fit as an adventure game. The 8-bit xbox live game that was released was a good fit for that licence.

Ramona is hot though.

• @Lucien21 said: Scott Pilgrim as a chacter is a complete dick.

Ramona is hot though.

I like Scott when he's kicking ass! Plus, he's not that much of a dick in the comics.

Movie did a good job on giving comic readers a way to shout "Ramona is goddamn hot!" without others judging them by saying "Dude, it's a crudely drawn comic book character."

• I though he was less of a dick in the movie.

The comic book was pretty much unreadable to me as I hated Scott.

• @Lucien21 said: Scott Pilgrim as a chacter is a complete dick.

That's the whole point of the movie, though, isn't it? He's a self-loathing asshole who mistreats the other people in his life because he's self-absorbed and hates himself. Presumably in his experience fighting Ramona's evil exes, he realizes what a dick he himself has been and learns to be more considerate toward his friends and loved ones and to like himself for who is (that was the whole point of the Nega-Scott thing, I think).

(I haven't read the comics, btw, just saw the movie.)

• I have to wonder what other stuff Telltale's planned that never came through.

• Anyone knows George Lucas's twitter?

• @thesporkman said: That's the whole point of the movie, though, isn't it? He's a self-loathing asshole who mistreats the other people in his life because he's self-absorbed and hates himself. Presumably in his experience fighting Ramona's evil exes, he realizes what a dick he himself has been and learns to be more considerate toward his friends and loved ones and to like himself for who is (that was the whole point of the Nega-Scott thing, I think).

(I haven't read the comics, btw, just saw the movie.)

Doesn't make it easy to fill his shoes though. I remember in FF8, I hated playing because I kept thinking, "Squall is sort of a a dick".

Add Comment