User Avatar Image

King's Quest NEEDS to have deaths.

posted by David J Prokopetz on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

There needs to be at least one way to trigger an elaborate and utterly arbitrary death cutscene on every single screen.

Am I wrong? :D

(Bonus points if the narrator mocks your corpse with cheesy wordplay afterwards.)

94 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MusicallyInspired said: I'd honestly rather have Josh Mandel. And I'd rather whoever it is to have a lot more than just an advisory role like Ron Gilbert for TMI.

Why are you diametrically opposed to anyone other than Scott Murphy working on a Space Quest game, but are fine with Josh Mandel rather than Roberta Williams for King's Quest?

• @Shadowchild said: KQ5 was the best of the KQ games hands down. From the setting, the graphics and the difficulty I thought it was the most enjoyable of the bunch. After that the series went downhill fast (with 6 being ok, 7 and 8 being really bad).

I'm with you on that! It's all about King's Quest 5 for me.. thats the level/style Telltale need to hit

• @JuntMonkey said: Why are you diametrically opposed to anyone other than Scott Murphy working on a Space Quest game, but are fine with Josh Mandel rather than Roberta Williams for King's Quest?

Because Josh Mandel understands the importance of preserving an established style and staying consistent with it, and is still very interested in gaming, both from a design and business standpoint. Roberta, on the other hand, is retired, doesn't have any desire to get back into the business, and frankly, was always a little too focused on fixing things that weren't broken to begin with from a game design standpoint, hence the abomination that is Mask of Eternity. ;) (Actually, I like Mask of Eternity, but you can't deny its black sheep status.)

• @MusicallyInspired said: I'd honestly rather have Josh Mandel. And I'd rather whoever it is to have a lot more than just an advisory role like Ron Gilbert for TMI.

I would like TT to get Jane Jensen over Josh Mandel since I firmly believe she is the sole reason why King's Quest 6 was written so well. The last I have heard, she created a game for a french company.

• The game is Gray Matter, written by Jane, with music by Robert Holmes (the Gabriel Knight composer). Developed by the French Wizarbox and published in German-speaking territories by dtp entertainment AG late last year, it is set for US and British release in just a few more days. :)

• @doom saber said: I would like TT to get Jane Jensen over Josh Mandel since I firmly believe she is the sole reason why King's Quest 6 was written so well.

True, but Josh Mandel is the reason the KQ1 SCI remake was written so well. I really love to see them both involved with the project.

• Jane Jensen is massively overrated.

• I would also like to see Josh Mandel involved, if the stars aligned in that direction.

I'm not sure if I'd lobby for Jane Jensen to work on a King's Quest game. I mean, I love KQ6 and I think a large part of why I love it is due to her involvement. But I think she's at her best when she's telling a darker type of story and KQ tends to be more family friendly.

• @thesporkman said: True, but Josh Mandel is the reason the KQ1 SCI remake was written so well. I really love to see them both involved with the project.

That I did not know

• @Lambonius said: Jane Jensen is massively overrated.

Not as overrated as Roberta Williams. ;P

Add Comment