User Avatar Image

Sierra Discussion

posted by joek86 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Even as a Kings Quest fan, my first reaction to this was, "I hope this means tell tale will eventually get to do a Leisure Suit Larry game!" Was I alone in this? I think the humor in tell tale's games (especially the sam & max series) would fit in well with LLL. Any other Sierra games that should get this treatment?

177 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Farlander said: Quest for Glory is my favourite Sierra series, but I wouldn't like TellTale doing it, something like QfG requires far grander scope than episodic adventure games.

I feel the same way, but part of me just wants to see more Quest for Glory anyway. It's been 13 years! :P

• @Drahcir said: I feel the same way, but part of me just wants to see more Quest for Glory anyway. It's been 13 years! :P

I would like to see a QFG title as well. Since the hero's quest is over, I would like to see another hero in the title. Maybe a "loser" female main character drop-out who decides to follow the footsteps of her college/school alumni in hopes to seek glory.

• Since the hero's quest is over

Not necessarily! That all depends on what choice you made at the end, and besides, when something happens, a hero must answer the call! He always did before, and heck, half the time he was teleported away against his will anyway!

• @Drahcir said: Not necessarily! That all depends on what choice you made at the end, and besides, when something happens, a hero must answer the call! He always did before, and heck, half the time he was teleported away against his will anyway!

True that he is always on the call, but I would like to Telltale start anew since Quest For Glory was intended to be the final game despite that it was going to have an expansion set. Just seems odd to me that they would start another one after Sierra tied everything up nicely in part 5.

Having the mutliple endings in part 5 is done so that there wouldn't be a next one. I mean, the QFG games has a decent continuity and having the hero start a new adventure. Be hard to ignore whatever happened to the hero. For instance, did he become king, married someone, etc..? Giving him a new love interest and having him go onto a new adventure would defeat the purpose of those mutliple endings.

• True, I see what you're saying. Either a new story could work, or possibly a reboot like it seems they might be doing with King's Quest. After all, it would allow them to better tie things and themes together throughout the games, (If they wanted to reuse old plot elements) since QFG3 wasn't originally intended to exist, it always kind of felt odd, especially with the villain that wasn't important in the grand scheme of things.

I'm just a huge QFG fan and seeing King's Quest coming back has my hopes up. :P

• I think the idea is that if King's Quest is successful Telltale will be able to make other old Sierra titles. I too believe Space Quest would be the best fit for them, and not just because it was my favorite of the old Sierra franchises. It had a wacky irreverent humor that Telltale have show they can do well.

• MY list of games i would like to see:
    1.Freddy Pharkas
    2.Torins Passage
    3.Quest for glory
    4.Space Quest
    5.Conquest of the longbow
    6.Gabriel Knight
    7.Police quest
    8.Dr. Brain
    9. Ecoquest

• It would be FREAKING awesome if Telltale games brought back Leisure Suit Larry(the proper one, not those two insulting games that shouldn't even be part of the series). Just make sure Al Lowe has some sort of part of it. But before they do an episodic series of it, get Lust in Space made not in an episodic form but as a single game like it was originally intended. Also, it wouldn't be great if it was done in 3D make it 2D like Love for sail. THEN you can make an episodic series of Larry, also Torin's passage would be a sweet deal as well since it was planned out as a series similar to King's quest.

• Ohh how I would love to see TT do a Space quest game, loved the series(exept maybe the last game)

• Ohh how I would love to see TT do a Space quest game, loved the series(except maybe the last game)

Add Comment