User Avatar Image

No New Monkey Island Games?

posted by Voodoomaster on - last edited - Viewed by 1.7K users

I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, disappointed that there will not be new Monkey Island Games in the next two years.

TTG, if you wanted to do a game without being sure to be able to make a sequel, you should'nt end it with an open ending.

After i finished playing Back to The Future I seriously doubt I'll be back here soon :mad:

69 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • [quote]Well part of monkey island is the series always being open and partially unexplained. The secret will never be revealed.[/quote]

One secret is enough. This is "Monkey Island", not "Lost" XD

• I want a sequel as soon as TOMI is ported to xbox360 and ipad :P

• I wouldn't mind seeing another company getting the chance to develop a new Monkey Island game. Telltale had their go at it and they did a fine job, but I'd like to see someone else take a crack at it. It wouldn't have to be a sequel to ToMI. I pretty much consider it to be a stand-alone game, seperate from the rest of the series, anyway.

• Telltale is the only non-company that makes adventure games. Who else would take on the series?

I think we need to be going after Lucasarts for remakes (or ports) of CoMI and EfMI so the whole series would be available to everyone (like me).

New Monkey Island games don't come out very often. As much as I want one, I think more time should be given if we don't want the series to become tiresome.

• @Voodoomaster said: I'm really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, disappointed that there will not be new Monkey Island Games in the next two years.

TTG, if you wanted to do a game without being sure to be able to make a sequel, you should'nt end it with an open ending.

After i finished playing Back to The Future I seriously doubt I'll be back here soon :mad:

I haven't read the news where this is written, where?

Will they start developing the game two years from now, or are they aiming to release it in two years from now?

• Will they start developing the game two years from now, or are they aiming to release it in two years from now?

It is just supposed.

• @Voodoomaster said: One secret is enough. This is "Monkey Island", not "Lost" XD

...or is it?
    :cool:

• @PariahKing said: Well part of monkey island is the series always being open and partially unexplained. The secret will never be revealed.

Part of being a fan of the series really.

Like I said I'll be the first in line but I don't want TOMI 2. I want a new game that feels fresh.

I always thought the secret of Monkey Island was the hell portal under the monkey head in the first game, I thought that was the big reveal of the game. I may be wrong, but I don't believe for a second that there's some huge secret that they've just never revealed about the game, I think that's fan-grasping. I can't really think of anything else in the games that isn't explained or was left purposely open-ended with no intention of explaining it later.

• The end of Monkey Island 2 was very open ended, and Curse didn't really close the gaps other than raise more questions.

• Well, I think the game itself was brilliant. I played TOMI and then went back to buy every single installment before it.
    I'm also recommending it to all of my friends. It really did have a twisty (but not nauseating) storyline, and the jokes and characters were hilarious. I think, if everyone who owns TOMI or another installment passed it off to a friend and told them to do the same, big things would happen. It just needs more... what's the word? Advertising? Consuming? I'm not sure. I first heard of it on Youtube, actually, in the "I wonder what happens in..." Series. :) One video and I've bought everything!

Add Comment