User Avatar Image

Compensation for unfinished Episodes?

posted by ltolman on - last edited - Viewed by 643 users

Well I've searched and searched and it came back with nothing what I was looking for. I checked the FAQs, I checked the TellTale FAQs and I used the search tool here for:

Half Life 2
Unfinished Episodes
Price per Episode

Anyways so heres the story. I have no problem paying 24.95 for the full 4-5 Episodes, that isnt why I'm here.

The reason why I'm here is that it occured to me while Episodes are great I think we all can agree that it isnt all that great. The best PRIME example is

Half Life 2

When Half Life 2 announced they were going to do Episodes if they would have said "hey lets charge 60 dollars for 3 episodes" well guess what; Episode 3 has not been released and now people (in theory) would be wanting their 20 dollars back.

Half Life 2 released in 2004
Half Life 2 Episode 1 released in 2006
Episode 2 released in 2007
Episode 3 releases in 2011??? (lol probably not but look at the time frame)

I too have no problem in waiting for all of the episodes to be released before I buy but I was hoping I could play earlier than that.

I'm wondering what TellTale games has in store for those that did pay the 25 dollars and TellTale games does not finish this series (Back to the Future). $25 dollars for 5 Episodes is about 5 dollars each (great price!!!) but are you (telltale) going to compensate the players (customers) if they become unfinished.

OR when will there be an option to pay for each Episode separately (you can even raise the price some; 6.99 per episode)

I seriously try to think positive but in this day and age and with our economy; any gaming company can go close their doors at any time

Fan of Guitar Hero Series? Well not no more; the original company who made the series just went bankrupt about a week ago (and another game I was hoping to try: True Crime)

Id ask my question on Jurassic Park forums too (lol too late, I accidentally did), but I presume if I ask here, TellTale Games may update their true FAQs and perhaps add this to it???

Thanks

32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Telltale has done six seasons and hasn't missed an episode yet, so I wouldn't worry.

• @ltolman said: Well I've searched and searched and it came back with nothing what I was looking for. I checked the FAQs, I checked the TellTale FAQs and I used the search tool here for:

Half Life 2
    Unfinished Episodes
    Price per Episode

Anyways so heres the story. I have no problem paying 24.95 for the full 4-5 Episodes, that isnt why I'm here.

The reason why I'm here is that it occured to me while Episodes are great I think we all can agree that it isnt all that great. The best PRIME example is

Half Life 2

When Half Life 2 announced they were going to do Episodes if they would have said "hey lets charge 60 dollars for 3 episodes" well guess what; Episode 3 has not been released and now people (in theory) would be wanting their 20 dollars back.

Half Life 2 released in 2004
    Half Life 2 Episode 1 released in 2006
    Episode 2 released in 2007
    Episode 3 releases in 2011??? (lol probably not but look at the time frame)

I too have no problem in waiting for all of the episodes to be released before I buy but I was hoping I could play earlier than that.

I'm wondering what TellTale games has in store for those that did pay the 25 dollars and TellTale games does not finish this series (Back to the Future). $25 dollars for 5 Episodes is about 5 dollars each (great price!!!) but are you (telltale) going to compensate the players (customers) if they become unfinished.

OR when will there be an option to pay for each Episode separately (you can even raise the price some; 6.99 per episode)

I seriously try to think positive but in this day and age and with our economy; any gaming company can go close their doors at any time

Fan of Guitar Hero Series? Well not no more; the original company who made the series just went bankrupt about a week ago (and another game I was hoping to try: True Crime)

Id ask my question on Jurassic Park forums too (lol too late, I accidentally did), but I presume if I ask here, TellTale Games may update their true FAQs and perhaps add this to it???

Thanks

Half life, and telltale episodes have very little resemblance of each other...other than being episodes.

Telltale makes their games on an episodic format called a season. They release that season with five episodes, that you dl and an episode is release every month, so when you buy the season you know you will be getting the game, because you don't pay for the episode you pay for the season, instead of buying each subsequent episode, like in half life, or penny arcade adventures.

• Yeah they have this thing down.... Its not new for them anymore they know what they are doing..

• Yeah telltale has yet to screw up episodic gaming, its all they have done with the exception of csi and puzzle agent.
    EDIT:But in the unlikeliness that telltale were to screw this up for once, Im sure they would give you a refund, or at the least, in store credit.

• In the hypothetical situation, you're screwed out of $20-35. This hypothetical doesn't seem to have much merit if you take precedent into account, especially in the case of Wallace and Gromit which is well known as a financial failure for the company that was still finished. With this in mind, a situation that would cause a purchased season to not be finished would likely also dissolve the company, and no comforting words on any FAQ would matter at that point.

• I would be more upset that there were not going to be anymore TTG games more than losing $$.

• Yeah, they'll finish this. Don't worry about them closing any time soon - they've got 5 new game projects to go in addition to BttF and JP xD

Also, Guitar Hero and True Crime? Neither were cancelled because of bankruptcy - Activision (the publisher) chose to give up on those to concentrate mainly on Call of Duty and some other franchises.

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

That's nice. ;)

TTG will finish BTTF, of course! The company is in full swing and somehow BTTF managed to be their flagship as of right now.

I see your problem, nonetheless. Essentially, people have paid for something that doesn't exist at the moment, but long-term TTG fans somehow get used to the idea. TTG delivers the episodes extremely reliably in the announced month.

• I think the only time they have been 'late' (as in the game was released not in the month they said it was) was for the first episode of SBCG4AP, which was announced as "June" in the trailer but actually was released in mid-July. The only reason for the delay was to squash more bugs!

I know people have been complaining about some of the bugs in BTTF (and there always will be a few mainly because people's computer systems are so different) but unless the bug stops you from actually completing the episode, then it's not all that critical. There has been a few of those over the years, but not very many.

If you took a vote on whether you wanted a) more bugs fixed or b) released on time, you'd probably get a split - i.e. some people want it perfect and some people want it NOW. You'll never get both, but they try their best to deliver that!

• Okay well thank you very much everyone for your thoughts. Thats good to hear that TellTale Games has always kept their word :)

Add Comment