User Avatar Image

THIS LOOKS AWESOME. Alien?

posted by doodo! on - last edited - Viewed by 615 users

I'm just starting random, nonsense threads now. But this as a survival game looks amazing. We know that Weaver doesn't want to do another Alien movie. Let's face it the AVP games suck. TTG could do a AMAZING survival Alien game.

Sorry, my eyes have been open though. TTG is the boss now! This looks AWESOME! There's so many options they can explore now.

GREEDY FAN BOY! GREEDY FAN BOY! TTG YOU ROCK! You're BOSS!

Damn, I have a big wish list now...

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Agreed! TTG could do a great Alien game!

• Right.... Because we don't have nearly enough franchises they can mess up with already.

• I would love an Alien adventure game... but I partly agree with Spadge... not that I think they would ruin the franchise, but that I think they have enough for now... I would rather them expand a little on the ones they are already working on... or had.

• They should do Terminator. You know, getting Arnold and everything...

• @doodo! said: I'm just starting random, nonsense threads now.

Then this thread should have been posted under 'General'.

@doodo! said: Let's face it the AVP games suck.

Um, no they don't. AVP for the 360 and PS3 was below par and AVP for the Atari Jaguar may not have aged well but it was pretty bad-ass when it was originally released. AVP for the PC is a cool game (and terrifying) and AVP2 for the PC is, to this very day, an absolute classic. I can't speak for other titles (such as the SNES game) as I have never played them. However, your comment does a bunch of great games a great disservice Sir.

On the subject of an Alien adventure game, there was an extremely limited release of such a game entitled Aliens: A Comic Book Adventure (PC) during 1995. I actually saw a boxed copy a couple of times in HMV (London) but never had the money to buy it. A shame, as it's so rare now.

Here's a review of said game: Bingo!

and

A video playthrough: Volia!

• @Spadge said: Right.... Because we don't have nearly enough franchises they can mess up with already.

hahahaha, that answered atleast 90% of the questions on these forums!!! :D

• I thought the new AVP was terrific.

I know people have problems with the controls for Aliens and Preds in the new one but if you actually take your time to l earn them and dont expect hand holding like most games do, it's fine.

And the Marine Campaign was scary as hell.

• @AdamantiumHip said: I thought the new AVP was terrific.

I know people have problems with the controls for Aliens and Preds in the new one but if you actually take your time to l earn them and dont expect hand holding like most games do, it's fine.

And the Marine Campaign was scary as hell.

It's funny how people's experience with such a thing as a game can differ so wildly. I had no problems at all with the controls other then the way I felt they held your hand too much if anything, what with all the 'press one button', automated "special move" kills. Plus, whereas AVP and AVP 2 scare the s**t out of me whenever I play them, AVP 3 hardly got my heart rate above average for the most part.

The other problem I had was that Rebellion seemed to be trying to connect the game with the two appalling AVP movies in order to appease the teenage fanboys, whereas the original Rebellion AVP games seemed very much to be a part Cameron's Aliens universe (perfect fodder for a video game adaptation).

On the plus side though, the graphics were fairly nice (particularly the nod to the corridors of the Nostromo early on) and playing as the predator was the closet I've ever felt to being a part of that particular franchise. Either way, I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

• You know, there is a different between Alien and Aliens?

• I moved this to general chat, because of the lack of Jurassic Park or Dinosaur related material.

Add Comment