32 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @robotpo said: No one cares what an extra is doing with her arms...

Rifftrax's take on the original JP is hilarious. This guy makes me wish the government would just deny the internet to certain people like happened on a national level in Egypt. :cool:

Well, Rifftrax specifically gave the Nostalgia Critic his own Rifftrax Presents to be featured on the site and find him rather funny.

You make no sense with your logic. First, she's not an extra, and second, IF THE MOVIE DOES SOMETHING WRONG YOU POINT IT OUT IN A REVIEW

• @Ribs said: Well, Rifftrax specifically gave the Nostalgia Critic his own Rifftrax Presents to be featured on the site and find him rather funny.

You make no sense with your logic. First, she's not an extra, and second, IF THE MOVIE DOES SOMETHING WRONG YOU POINT IT OUT IN A REVIEW

No, if a film has problems with its story, characters, dialogue, thematic material, editing, directorial vision or aesthetic or narrative or whatever, you should point it out...which TLW does have a couple, so if the putz had come up with an actual point, I'd listen to his crappy internet thing...

Then there's clueless nitpicking and hysterical screeching, which is what the guy in question seems to be good at. :cool:

• @robotpo said: No, if a film has problems with its story, characters, dialogue, thematic material, editing, directorial vision or aesthetic narrative or whatever, you should point it out...which TLW does, so if the putz had come up with an actual point, I'd listen to his crappy internet thing...

Then there's clueless nitpicking and hysterical screeching, which is what the guy in question seems to be good at. :cool:

Then you'd love the Room due to it's complex plot and ingenious theme.

• @robotpo said: A would-be hipster doofus on the internet with no coherent points whatsoever does not = comedy.

If you really only got twenty seconds in, you missed his coherent points about "Why are there so many continuity errors with the first film?" "Why do the T-Rexes return?" and so on.

But keep in mind, Doug is a comedian first and foremost. The Nostalgia Critic is a fictional character. It's okay if you don't find his jokes funny, but it seems a bit odd to criticize a comedian for nitpicking instead of making a legitimate review.

• @robotpo said: Nice summary of this "Nostalgia Critic" thing..

I am rubber and you are glue. Poopie head, poopie head, that's how I argue.

Yeah that didn't really rhyme.

• @doggans said: If you really only got twenty seconds in, you missed his coherent points about "Why are there so many continuity errors with the first film?" "Why do the T-Rexes return?" and so on.

But keep in mind, Doug is a comedian first and foremost. The Nostalgia Critic is a fictional character. It's okay if you don't find his jokes funny, but it seems a bit odd to criticize a comedian for nitpicking instead of making a legitimate review.

Well, if he goes into the actual PLOT, then I'll give another shot. He still sounds like Gilbert Godfried, however. :eek:

• @robotpo said: Well, if he goes into the actual PLOT, then I'll give another shot. He still sounds like Gilbert Godfried, however. :eek:

He does go into the actual plot quite a bit, and he makes good points quite often in his reviews. Although, I'll admit his earlier reviews did this a lot less and went for comedy a lot more. You kind of have to cut him some slack though, because he gets skewered by his own fanbase sometimes if he doesn't meet their expectations of how much comedy should be in each review or whatever. The man will stick by his guns, though. If he doesn't think a joke is funny, he won't do it.

• @robotpo said: Well, if he goes into the actual PLOT, then I'll give another shot. He still sounds like Gilbert Godfried, however. :eek:

The Plot... dude, he covers the whole freaking movie. lol

• This dude is a douche who made this video for laughs but no real truth about the movie, he doesn't explore any of the good parts, but only the parts that he thinks are bad because he is a crappy movie critic... I LOVE U JURASSIC PARK!!!!! :o

• @RexMaster said: This dude is a douche who made this video for laughs but no real truth about the movie, he doesn't explore any of the good parts, but only the parts that he thinks are bad because he is a crappy movie critic... I LOVE U JURASSIC PARK!!!!! :o

All I'm saying, is the book is way better, just like Jurassic park is a better book than the movie.

Add Comment