User Avatar Image

Where in the timeline?

posted by MisterKerr on - last edited - Viewed by 261 users

Where in the timeline of King's Quest do you think this reboot will/should happen? For me it wouldn't be a KQ game if they started the entire franchise over, where Graham wasn't even king yet, and there was no royal family, etc. A game set, say, between KQIV and KQV, where the royal family was reunited but before Alexander or Rosella went off to rule other kingdoms, would probably be the best place to insert a new game.

27 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • And he has to have the cap with a feather in it, that's as much a part of his character as Indy's fedora.

Have you ever seen the cartoon Johnnie Fedora and Alice Bluebonnet from the video Make Mine Music? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_3lAztMhIWI

• @GuybrushWilco said: I want to play as Graham the most, but at this point in the storyline, the guy is getting pretty darn old.

That's why it is a reboot.

• I would prefer a new take on how Graham becomes a king.

• @tomimt said: I would prefer a new take on how Graham becomes a king.

I agree. I would also like to see Graham as more of a quintessential fairytale knight rather than just a knight who looks more like a peasant; something that is different, but iconic to the other to bring in new gamers, yet not to sway away the veteran KQ fans. The peasant look works for the other KQ games, but not KQ 1, imo - unless Graham was in cognito in part 1; I don't recall.

• I hope that it will happen after the previous games. Especially I would like to know what happened to Connor. MOE's ending didn't really tell anything besides that he defeated the bad guy and saved the land. Previous games at least gave some sort of happy endings to Alexander and Rosella.

• I could be fun to see the whole thing start from the beginning, with a bit more bigger Daventry, that is populated a bit more people than just a castle folk and a poor woodcutter with sick wife. Not much of a kingdom that, if you ask me.

• What about the witch who lives in the gingerbread house? What about the giant who lives up in the clouds? What about Rumpelstilskin, the rat and the leprechauns? Don't they count? Who else should live in Daventry? Should there be a small town where you can mingle with people like in King's Quest V?

• @tomimt said: I could be fun to see the whole thing start from the beginning, with a bit more bigger Daventry, that is populated a bit more people than just a castle folk and a poor woodcutter with sick wife. Not much of a kingdom that, if you ask me.

The area visited in KQ1 isn't the entire Kingdom of Daventry, but only the castle and it's surroundings. In MoE you can visit in a village which is located some distance away from the Castle Daventry. Besides those two games, KQ3 is the only game which shows other parts of Daventry than just the Castle, but it shows same locations as KQ1. So naturally most of Daventry is still unknown to players and open for completely new adventures.

• Or they can follow the Zelda (OoT) route and make a split timeline ;o
    Thus making King's Quest 2b, 3b etc

• Split timeline... No....

That's as bad as the 'split' timeline/AU stuff with Star Trek XI....

Actually its looking like the game will more likely be a sequel than a true reboot. The developers have said it would be a shame to ignore the already developed history out there.

Add Comment