User Avatar Image

Forum Guru?

posted by VeronicanPlay on - last edited - Viewed by 744 users

Does anyone know the term or is it only me that uses that?

To explain what it is I will here name a few people and then explain from them.

GuruGuru214: No it's not because of his name, but more because of the post count and the fact all his posts are great statements that I can rely to and envy that I can't write statements like that, so I look up to him as a Forum Guru, because here is always there with a statement that makes sense.
And always debate and have conversations with people that makes sense.

Avistew: Massive post count, and over 80% of them are all over at least 5000 words and still all of it is true and meaningful, if that is not being a Forum Guru I don't know what is.

SecretFawful: Always there with a good remark, and at the same time really good in writing awesome statements, he is like an equal to GuruGuru214 and I can always rely to his posts.

Rather Dashing: A person who says, what he wants when he wants and don't give a damn about who gets offended. And that is not said to be mean, but a quality that I envy. I never speak my mind in fear what people will think of me, but Dashing don't and his statements comes out the way he wants them, if they are hard then so be it. And he is one of the few who is really good at keeping Trolls in check. :)

Hayden: Also someone who knows how to string a good sentence together, and conversate with all and still keep all the points clear.
It's a quality I envy the most is being able to string a meaningful sentence together, that make people who thought they was right rethink their thoughts a little. :)

Now most of these people has a really high post count, and yes I must agree that is what I also base a Forum Guru on. But most posts has to be able to have conversations with other posters, my post count has gone up, via the "What Ever Is On Your Mind" thread and other various about what I have bought or played recently or given opinions. But never really conversated with someone, or rarely.

Now if there is someone I forgot to name, you are more than welcome to write why you are a Forum Guru, and no you don't have to have a high post count, that is just what I base them on. :p
And if you don't think you are, you can write that too, this is just my personal thoughts.

So I won't be a Forum Guru, but that doesn't mean I can't dream. And even for all my various posts here and there I am sure not even many knows who I am. (Except maybe for Hayden). :)
Now this was hard for me to write, lots of repeats of the same lines and all that, but I did say that I am not really good at explaining things, and write something that sound meaningful in anyway, so what I have done now will have to do.

Now I am not saying this is how it is, this is just thought conceived in my own mind, and has been there since I started as a member here, and I felt like sharing. Maybe put a smile on someone's face knowing what others think about them. :)
Or maybe just being plain out creepy. :p

Now be advised, that I am scared as hell to post this, but I did it anyway. Time for me to face something I fear I guess. :p

:Edit: Damn I clicked the wrong button, no going back now. :p

70 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @VeronicanPlay said: No be advised, that I am scared as hell to post this, but I did it anyway

Good :). Often I chicken out when I think that my post(s) may be slightly offensive, inappropriate, over-the-top or awkward. But deciding to post said comments anyway can usually result in some pretty great discussion, which could have been missed out on had you not hit the submit button.

Anyway, on the topic of Forum Gurus, I think I would consider MusicallyInspired to be a bit of a 'forum guru' - he's a guy whose posts are mostly of quality content, and he generally knows what he's talking about. Chyron also fits that description.

Also, I would also certainly consider Dashing to be a forum guru. Even if it weren't for his post count, it would be quite obvious that he spends a lot of time on forums; he knows how to argue, he knows how to back up his arguments, and his posts almost always make sense.

Avistew is definitely a forum guru; there's generally a fair bit of wisdom in her posts. And the good thing about Avi is that she's not worried about anonymity, and when people are less worried about hiding their identity, they're more open to sharing personal experiences, which results in some more interesting (and more real) posts.

Guru - yes, he's certainly a guru. He always contributes a lot of quality points to most discussions - same as Irishmile.

When I think about it, we seem to have quite a few 'gurus' here in the TTG forum, which is probably what makes it such a great place to hang out :).

Hayden: Also someone who knows how to string a good sentence together, and conversate with all and still keep all the points clear.
    It's a quality I envy the most is being able to string a meaningful sentence together, that make people who thought they was right rethink their thoughts a little. :)

By the way, thanks - this is quite a compliment :).

• Can I be one for my constant abuse of smileys? :p

• You confused me at first with the "form gugu" thread title :(

• User Avatar Image
    Vainamoinen Moderator

Fixed... by one of the forum gurus. ;)

• My standard custom title of choice on various forums (or fora if you want to be Roman about it) including Telltale's is "Game Guru"; do I count?

• @Brainiac said: My standard custom title of choice on various forums (or fora if you want to be Roman about it) including Telltale's is "Game Guru"; do I count?

Latin?

• Yeah, that'd be Latin. Forum is one of those fun Neuter nouns that conjugates the way you don't think it would. Also, at it's most common definition in Latin Texts it means 'marketplace' so, yeah. The more you know and all that...

• Dang it Im not a guru.
    Actually in real life the whole wise guru thing REALLY wouldnt work for me(my first animation is of a scuba diver being eaten by a cat:D)

Add Comment