15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Episode 4 had probably the best emotional cliffhanger, but I'm actually going to say the 'MANATEEEEEEE!' cliffhanger in chapter 2. It was so out of nowhere that I just about died laughing at my computer.

• I voted for Chapter 1, even if only for all the expectation and guessing on the forums (Who is she? Is she Cate Capsize? Is Carla the Swordmaster?...)

• @mgrant said: Episode 4 had probably the best emotional cliffhanger, but I'm actually going to say the 'MANATEEEEEEE!' cliffhanger in chapter 3. It was so out of nowhere that I just about died laughing at my computer.

Actually, the "MANATEEEEEE!!!" cliffhanger occurs at the end of Chapter 2 and repeats at the beginning of Chapter 3.

• Crap, I thought I put in Chapter 2, way for me to make a typing fail. Thanks for catching that.

• I not only find chapter 3 to have the worst end/cliffhanger, but also chapter 4 to have the worst beginning...

• episode 4 as the best no doubt
    Episode one was ok but expected a pirate hunter would attack
    Episode two was random and to me was second place
    Episode three sucked and was expected
    Episode five, we might as well forget, Lucasarts are not going to make let telltale make another game.

Episode four though. Telltale made it so OBVIOUS that Guybrush would die in this episode, and they STILL made it surprising. Same goes with Lechuck, so OBVIOUS he was evil, and I was still shocked to see him turn on Guybrush.
    When something so obvious was going to happen, and it still was SHOCKING, THAT is good storytelling.

• I think it was implied to be a couple months or so...

Add Comment