User Avatar Image

So who's the protagonist?

posted by Eff One on - last edited - Viewed by 320 users

Ian Malcom? Alan Grant? That girl in the teaser?

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • One thing I don't really like about the story is that no one of the employees of the park actually stayed on the island in that night, except for the ones we see in the movie.

• @SpielbergFan said: One thing I don't really like about the story is that no one of the employees of the park actually stayed on the island in that night, except for the ones we see in the movie.

I think I read in the Steam Description about, how they were also "Trapped" On Jurassic Park...so we will have to see it..

But there are a couple things I'm not keen on...is how did the raptors escape if Nedry never shut their fence down, but maybe I'm over looking it. heh

• @RexMaster said: Okay, during the commentary from the game designers, they said that the main protagonist is obviously Dr. Harding and then at certain points (as you can see in the gameplay when u play the chick in the car), you will switch between Harding and other protagonists like his daughter but they said they would like you to play as many protagonists as possible... sound GREAT! Just wish people would stop complaining because sure there is always stuff to be fixed, but Telltale is doing a great job and any true Jurassic Park or Telltale fan will see that... besides, if this series is successful, series 2 will be even more developed!
    "Creation is an act of sheer will, and next time, it'll be flawless!" :D
    -John Parker Hammond, Creator of Jurassic Park

I couldn't agree more. Too many people have an unwarranted sense of entitlement. I for one am excited for ANY Jurassic Park game, especially one that isn't just about shooting dinos like Rambo.

• @Icedhope said: I think I read in the Steam Description about, how they were also "Trapped" On Jurassic Park...so we will have to see it..

But there are a couple things I'm not keen on...is how did the raptors escape if Nedry never shut their fence down, but maybe I'm over looking it. heh

I really hope it will mainly play AFTER the first movie. Then the Raptors would make sense, also the Triceratops "babys" that aren't little any more and the park employees, whatever they did there after the happenings.

• @SpielbergFan said: One thing I don't really like about the story is that no one of the employees of the park actually stayed on the island in that night, except for the ones we see in the movie.

Everyone else was supposed to leave the island on the boat but the game is saying that not all of them made it to the boat and got trapped on the island. This works because the movie doesn't actually show everyone else leaving the island. We just assume that everone else made it out okay. It's perfectly possible that others were still on the island.

• "You can find somebody else to do it because I will not." -Arnold on shutting down the system.

"John, they are out there where people are dying." -Ellie indicating that more people are out there dying.

"Call the mainland. Tell them to send the damn helicopters" -Grant indicating that more than one chopper would be needed to evacuate.

It doesn't directly state that there are others on the island, but it does leave that open quite nicely.

Also, I doubt the entire staff of such a large island would all fit on one small supply ship. I think only non-essential personnel left. I'm certain that park security, some maintenance, and animal control would still be on the island to maintain it over the weekend. The park can only run on minimum staff for up to 3 days but it's not stated exactly how many people minimum staff is.

• Another thing, and I know that the game isn't based off the novels, but in the novel of Jurassic Park there are still staff left on the island after the boat leaves.

• @waroftheworlds01 said: Everyone else was supposed to leave the island on the boat but the game is saying that not all of them made it to the boat and got trapped on the island. This works because the movie doesn't actually show everyone else leaving the island. We just assume that everone else made it out okay. It's perfectly possible that others were still on the island.

It makes sense why Dr. Harding was there, because well...he's the vet and I'm guess since it was the tour he needed to be on call, but that's my speculation on why he is there.

• @hppav said: Also, I doubt the entire staff of such a large island would all fit on one small supply ship. I think only non-essential personnel left. I'm certain that park security, some maintenance, and animal control would still be on the island to maintain it over the weekend.

I don't think so. The whole park was more or less automated and no one stayed in the visitor center, the control room and later in the bunker except for the guys we know. I think it's obvious from the film's atmosphere that they're the only ones on the island. It was often pointed out that all the other people go to the ship. That were the people in the whole visitor center, including Dr. Wu, and Harding as well.

Add Comment