User Avatar Image

Jurassic Park Disc Release

posted by exo on - last edited - Viewed by 788 users

I have pre-ordered every tell tale release going back to sam & max season 1. I have also always added on any extras that were offered with the disc, such as the envelopes of goodies with S&M and the pirate box for Monkey Island.

I went to pre-order JP and noticed there was no mention of a disc release for those who order the game. Thinking back, I'm not sure I saw anything about that when I got the Back to the Future set either.

Before I pre-order, I'd like to confirm a physical disc will be made available. I'd also like to know if any "extras" are planned to be offered with any upcoming games.

Looking at my order history it doesn't seem there was a disc for S&M season 3 either :/
edit: there is, I just didn't know it! ordering now! yay

With major new franchises coming in like KQ and Walking Dead, I would really hate to see a digital only release on these games.

33 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Icedhope said: Well considering it's Piracy, and the sort...I would persuade you to not do it.

I agree. I'm not big on piracy. That's why I bought a Retro Duo to play Jurassic Park instead of downloading an emulator and rom.

• @Icedhope said: Well considering it's Piracy, and the sort...I would persuade you to not do it.

Is that really piracy?! I'm under the impression that when someone purchases a game, then they are free to make a backup for personnel use. It's not like they want to sell it on or anything. The law is such a killjoy!

• yeah Im not actually clear on the matter either... Is it piracy to back up something you bought?

You would STILL need to log in when you installed the game to prove you are playing a legit copy right?

The issue has not came up yet because I have all the real DVDs that TTG has offered.. the only games I have that do not have a DVD are Puzzle Agent and Inventory.... I didn't feel the need to back those up.

It is only piracy if i were to download the game from a torrent and not actually buy it. there is nothing actually wrong with puting it on a disk so taht i have a backu of the game. its not like im going to sell such an awsome game.

• I guess now that I'm thinking about it. If you bought the game then you're free to do what you want with it as long as you don't sell copies of it. If it's just for a back up then I don't see the harm in that. Although, wouldn't there be a backup on the TellTale website?

I'm assuming it's like steam or the PSN. You can delete it but it's always there for you to re-install?

• @waroftheworlds01 said: I guess now that I'm thinking about it. If you bought the game then you're free to do what you want with it as long as you don't sell copies of it. If it's just for a back up then I don't see the harm in that. Although, wouldn't there be a backup on the TellTale website?

I'm assuming it's like steam or the PSN. You can delete it but it's always there for you to re-install?

Pft, sure if you trust these companies to hold the games on their servers for the rest of time. Personally, nothing beats having a physical backup copy on disc as far as I'm concerned. You know? Just in case.

• Sure you could make a backup of the install programs but you wouldn't get the benefits of the season disc such as not relying on internet activation (excepting the Wallace & Gromit disc) as well as an assortment of extras, like commentary & concept art.

• @corruptbiggins said: Sure you could make a backup of the install programs but you wouldn't get the benefits of the season disc such as not relying on internet activation (excepting the Wallace & Gromit disc) as well as an assortment of extras, like commentary & concept art.

A fair point well made but of course there are legally dubious ways around that (I just mean, if you've already paid Telltale for the season).

• i heard that there will be more episodes, like in back to the future.
    if i buy the game i will recive everytime a single episode or all at the same time?

• @Stronzo said: i heard that there will be more episodes, like in back to the future.
    if i buy the game i will recive everytime a single episode or all at the same time?

You will receive one episode a month, if you buy the season.

Add Comment