User Avatar Image

KQ1 - Telltale

posted by chrisdaventry on - last edited - Viewed by 387 users

I loved how AGDI Re-vamped KQ2VGA and KQ3 Redux, so for KQ1 by Telltale, im wondering if you guys could Expand on the Story more please.

I find KQ1VGA too weird in a way, how does Graham know where to find the 3 Treasures when no one tells him where they are, so i made a way to what you can do when you guys make KQ1

The Fairy: Dear Graham, i give you this protective Spell that will aid you in your Quest. Go into the well East of here, then you shall find the Magic Mirror witch is gaurded by a fearsome Dragon.

Part Of my Walkthrough
A Fairy will appear. She will give you a short protective spell, then go [E3X] to the well. Cut the rope with your dagger, then you will get the bucket. Now lower the rope into the well, then climb down. When you get to the end of you're rope, jump in the water and dive. Go down to the left and up, then leave the water. Go left, then you will see a Dragon. Approach him, then he will blow a fire ball towards you. Luckily, the spell is protecting you. Go right, then fill your bucket with water. Go left, then throw the water at him. He will blow smoke everywhere. He's so embarrassed, that he moves a boulder blocking the exit and sulks away. Take the Magic Mirror.

I mean the Fairy just tells him that her spell will protect him, protect him from what.

The Gnome:
Wow Graham, i did not think you were that smart by geussing my name, take these three magic beans, then plant them on a field to the East of here. By climbing the beanstaslk to the top, you shall find the Magic Chest witch is gaurded by a Giant.

Or

You Failed to geuss my name, take this Golden Key to unlock a door where you must follow a winding road that will lead you to the Magic Chest witch is gaurded by a Giant.

Part Of my Walkthrough
You will see a little Gnome. Talk to him, then he will give you three changes to guess his name. Guess it right, then he will give you three magic beans. Go right to another bridge, then cross it carefully. Plant the beans in the flower patch, then a huge beanstalk will grow into the clouds. Save you're game often while climbing the beanstalk. When you enter the clouds, go [E2X] then use the ring on yourself. Go right, then stay here until the Giant goes to sleep. See the Chest he carried, that is King Edward's Magic Chest. Take it, then go right into the cave. Make sure you walk in the right places, or you will fall to your death. It would be a good idea to save your game often.

Or

Go to the cave with a door, then use the key to go through. Climb the winding path, but make sure you walk in the right places or you will fall to your death. It would be a good idea to save your game often. When you reach the top, use the ring on yourself. Go left, then stay here until the Giant goes to sleep. See the Chest he carried, that is King Edward's Magic Chest. Take it, then go right into the cave. Make sure you walk in the right places, or you will fall to your death. It would be a good idea to save your game often.

I mean the Gnome just tells him to figure things out by himself, he does not give him more advice or anything.

Okay, now Graham has two Magic Treasures and no one is around to give him a clue as to where to find the third Magic Treasure or how to get there. Here is my solution.

In the Ginger Bread House when Graham is in the Witch'es bedroom, he should open the drawer to find another note that tells him:

When hanging onto a Condor's feet, thou shall be taken away to a place where a hungry Rat gaurds a door that will lead to the home of the Leprechauns that loves the sound of music. When thou succeed to find thy Treasure, a Mushroom shall be the key to make thy escape through the tiniest of places.

I mean, how does he know about a hungry Rat if there is no way to go back to get some Cheese or when he sees a Leprichaun that will catch him when he does not even has a Violin or a Clover, or when he has the Shield there is no way to get out of the Cave.

What if Graham finds the Mirror First and then he asks where he can find the Next Treasure and we see Flashes of Images that shows us Clues on what to get first and then we sort of prepare ourselves for whats to come. (aka the whole Leprechuan thing)

Theres Allot of Creativity that could be set for KQ1 just look at the Village for KQ2VGA and Extra Locations/Puzzles for KQ3 Redux

Oh and Please Dont do this Father thing when it has Nothing to do with KQ1/KQ2 i still dont get it. :confused:

54 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I never did finish the KQII VGA remake. It kind of turned me off in places, starting with the title change from "Romancing the Throne". "Romancing the Stones"? That's not a parody, that's a pluralization!

I don't want to sound too negative, though. For a fan game, it was a very high quality production.

• @MusicallyInspired said: What do you mean by "it didn't make sense to me"? Make sense in what universe? It's fantasy. How doesn't it make sense in fantasy? Anything can make sense in fantasy. I can understand not liking the additions but that's a strange choice of words.

While it's true that anything can be made to be possible through fantasy, in fantasy fiction it's extremely important that there is a degree of internal logical consistency to allow for suspension of disbelief. Just because the genre is fantasy doesn't mean absolutely anything can happen within a story and make sense. So I can understand to a degree when someone says something added to an existing fantasy setting doesn't make sense.

• True. But what's so nonsensical about the Sharkees? How does that not suspend disbelief anymore than the mermen (who existed in the original game). I just think it's a bit of an exaggerative term to use. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they don't make sense.

• I would like a brand new story but honestly I guess I would be happy to play an expanded KQ1

• @MusicallyInspired said: True. But what's so nonsensical about the Sharkees? How does that not suspend disbelief anymore than the mermen (who existed in the original game). I just think it's a bit of an exaggerative term to use. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they don't make sense.

To clarify and to add what KuroShiro have said, it was more tone and placement of that particular side story. The placement of them and their battle with the merpeople felt as if it was shoehorned into the remake to me despite that the KQ games are set in a fantasy world; It was too short, didn't add anything to the story, and felt like it didn't fit in with the rest of the story.

The insertion of the Sharkees were too comical for a KQ game, imo. Sure, King's Quest 6 has sillier stuff like the Isle of Wonders, but it was told in-game that the island is bizarre. Part 7 can be compared as comical, but the overall tone of the game was that for kids. KQ2+ had a serious tone, but at times, it felt that there were jokes and puzzles that didn't felt right with the overall tone AGDI had for the game. I guess I was expecting something longer with something more fleshed out like the story behind the catacombs in KQ6.

The tone of the game felt like it was all over the place to me; half of it was serious, parts of it was comical, and other parts were too serious to the point of being comical.

• To me that just means the game has variety. Personally, I think a little variety in a game with side stories that have nothing to do with the plot make the game seem bigger and more universal. The first time I played that section and beat it I thought it was fantastic. To each their own I suppose. I don't believe everything in a game has to be connected with the main plot in some way. What about King's Quest 5? The whole section in the desert with the bandits and the temple had nothing to do with the plot. Nor the whole dark forest area with the witch and the weeping willow's heart. Or in King's Quest 6 with the whole minotaur, princess, and catacombs side story. I'd be more bored if everything in a game had to do with the plot or the the tone of the entire game was exactly the same all the way through. And I never really thought the Sharkees was comical either...

• @MusicallyInspired said: True. But what's so nonsensical about the Sharkees? How does that not suspend disbelief anymore than the mermen (who existed in the original game). I just think it's a bit of an exaggerative term to use. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they don't make sense.

Oh, I had no problem with the Sharkees, I actually liked the additions that AGDI made to their remakes quite a bit. I was just pointing out that consistency is still important in Fantasy.

• I would actually like Telltale to spin the wheel.. And do a game based on the expanded universe. As I've never finished any of the games.

In other words, you can play this, without having to have played the others.

• @KuroShiro said: Oh, I had no problem with the Sharkees, I actually liked the additions that AGDI made to their remakes quite a bit. I was just pointing out that consistency is still important in Fantasy.

I was moreso directing that question to doom saber who specifically said they "didn't make sense."

• @MusicallyInspired said: I was moreso directing that question to doom saber who specifically said they "didn't make sense."

Each their own or let's agree to disagree

Add Comment