User Avatar Image

Sam & Max 2 for Wii

posted by Sidni7 on - last edited - Viewed by 276 users

Why is this game so hard to track down in the UK? I really want it for the Wii, but can only find it second-hand at crazy prices, it seems to be so rare. Why aren't TellTale selling it in their online store? I don't get it! :confused:

23 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I have to give credit to Telltale for giving the Wii an honest shot (which is more than you can say for most developers), but given how unpleasant their experiences with it have been so far, I seriously doubt they'll bother with the Wii ever again.

I know it sucks hearing this, but it'd probably be best if you just got it on the PC, barrie.

• There can't only be two of us who like to point & click on the Wii.

• I think that the controls of Tales of Monkey Island on Wii were the best controls for a 3D graphic adventure I've ever saw

• @Javi-Wan Kenobi said: I think that the controls of Tales of Monkey Island on Wii were the best controls for a 3D graphic adventure I've ever saw

I haven't played MI on the Wii. Its good to hear that it can work well. I think TellTale should stick with it and put a bit more effort into promotion.

• @Javi-Wan Kenobi said: I think that the controls of Tales of Monkey Island on Wii were the best controls for a 3D graphic adventure I've ever saw

Yeah, the controls were great, the graphics and load times and audio were pretty atrocious though.

• @SHODANFreeman said: Yeah, the controls were great, the graphics and load times and audio were pretty atrocious though.

I don't deny that...

• User Avatar Image
    mDt

It seems like it would work pretty good on Wii.

I'm gonna say though that my full playthrough of Season Two was on XBox, and the controls... not that great. Load times were decent, probably because it's a DLC game and didn't have to read from a disc, but it was also pretty choppy at times with the graphics.

It's definitely best when played on the computer.

• @SHODANFreeman said: I wouldn't hold my breath, at this point. :(

Yeah. The Wii versions of Tales of Monkey Island don't look as good as the PC version and are laggy at points. I read another comment in this thread saying Sam and Max season 2 was laggy playing off of the game disc. So... I don't think Sam and Max Season 3 will ever be seen on the Wii due to it being very graphics heavy compared to seasons 1 and 2. The graphics quality would have to be shot down quite a bit and even then I'm not sure. This isn't a crack at the Wii's capability though, oh no. This is probably a problem caused by porting it from the PC, I think... The Wii should be able to handle these games, but somehow can't as well as we'd expect.

• @mDt said: It seems like it would work pretty good on Wii.

I'm gonna say though that my full playthrough of Season Two was on XBox, and the controls... not that great. Load times were decent, probably because it's a DLC game and didn't have to read from a disc, but it was also pretty choppy at times with the graphics.

It's definitely best when played on the computer.

I read or heard somewhere on the TT website here that Season 3 was made directly for and with the PS3 in mind. I wonder how well it plays on it?

• User Avatar Image
    mDt

@CartoonistWill said: I read or heard somewhere on the TT website here that Season 3 was made directly for and with the PS3 in mind. I wonder how well it plays on it?

I've been wanting to play it on that, but it's $35 to get it on PS3 again (Just got the triple back in December). Already have it on PC, seems a bit much when Seasons One and Two on XBox only cost me $20 and I'm not getting any kind of disc or box art.

I guess it's free when you do PlayStation Plus, their pay subscription service, but I don't have money for that either.

Add Comment