User Avatar Image

Cut content found?

posted by redakdal on - last edited - Viewed by 673 users

so I spent half an hour writing stuff down and my net lagged out so your getting the short version

I downloaded something called "telltale speech extractor" and it has dialog for all of the first episode( voices of course) and I noticed alot of dialog was cut, or never used

here in short are some I heard mainly between doc and marty

- in one seen, marty finds a bullet in the car from the time display, idk if this was in the game, but to my knowledge it wasn't, it happens before marty traveling to 1931, and doc doesn't say much but " a bullet?"

- they have changed the way the time machine came back to marty, mainly one explaining it was the car from 1955, behind the billboard, before marty and doc got to it in the first movie. the 2nd one is that Doc toke it from the cave in 1885. both of these events doc says that if they return it back to its timeline it should be fine. one final explanation was involving doc remaking the same car

-what marty saw the car destroyed by the train, doc explanation :

That's just what you THINK you saw. The DeLorean that got run over by that train was actually a crude facsimile filled with used pinball parts and Christmas tree lights!

there more, but I am lazy to post them, I would post the link, but idk if its against the TOS, but ya, alot of the voiceovers were left in as raw data, but I still don't know why they left it in

any ideas, thoughts?

31 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • That sounds awesome! But I think the destroyed delorean should stay destroyed. Because at the end of the 3rd movie you clearly can see parts of the delorean. so "a crude facsimile filled with used pinball parts and Christmas tree lights" doesnt fit to what we saw at the end of the movie.
    I think Doc travelled to 2015 with the time travelling train and borrowed the delorean when the other Doc from 2015 had something else to do. At the end he will just travel back and leave 2015 with the time travelling train.

I would appreciate it if you could post more of them.

• ya sure here are some dialog or text from doc and marty

doc:

Simple! I borrowed it from earlier in its own timeline, when it was hidden behind the billboard in 1955!

Simple! I borrowed it from earlier in its own timeline, while it was hidden in the cave in 1885!

Don't worry about it - as long as we restore it to its original condition and put it back in place for our past selves to find it when we're supposed to... everything will be fine!

What? A train? Where's the pizzaz in that?

marty

Yeah, that's why it took so long to get here. The "Last Time Departed" Display was shot to heck.

...Bruce Springsteen.

...Joe Montana.

...Joe Montana.

In that whacky dream, Doc's notebook was in the clock tower...

• Hey everyone,

I found an interesting post on the gamespot forum of BTTF game, and the user claims that he found alternate dialogue in the game files. Can anyone confirm this? Here are some examples that he claimed he found.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/backtothefuture/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-58233439&pid=997882&tag=topics%3Btitle

[B][B][B][B]here in short are some I heard mainly between doc and marty

- in one seen, marty finds a bullet in the car from the time display, idk if this was in the game, but to my knowledge it wasn't, it happens before marty traveling to 1931, and doc doesn't say much but " a bullet?"

- they have changed the way the time machine came back to marty, mainly one explaining it was the car from 1955, behind the billboard, before marty and doc got to it in the first movie. the 2nd one is that Doc toke it from the cave in 1885. both of these events doc says that if they return it back to its timeline it should be fine. one final explanation was involving doc remaking the same car

-what marty saw the car destroyed by the train, doc explanation :

That's just what you THINK you saw. The DeLorean that got run over by that train was actually a crude facsimile filled with used pinball parts and Christmas tree lights!

there more, but I am lazy to post them, I would post the link, but idk if its against the TOS, but ya, alot of the voiceovers were left in as raw data, but I still don't know why they left it in

any ideas, thoughts?

doc:

Simple! I borrowed it from earlier in its own timeline, when it was hidden behind the billboard in 1955!

Simple! I borrowed it from earlier in its own timeline, while it was hidden in the cave in 1885!

Don't worry about it - as long as we restore it to its original condition and put it back in place for our past selves to find it when we're supposed to... everything will be fine!

What? A train? Where's the pizzaz in that?
    [B]
    marty

Yeah, that's why it took so long to get here. The "Last Time Departed" Display was shot to heck.

...Bruce Springsteen.

...Joe Montana.

...Joe Montana.

In that whacky dream, Doc's notebook was in the clock tower...

if you want to view these, download it from here: http://quick.mixnmojo.com/telltale-speech-extractor

I am too lazy to write it all down, again strange enough they did record the audio, but never used it, but why did they leave it on the file

anyway this can work with any telltale game, so I am sure there is other content cut from the other games[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]

• If this content is found to be real, its give the user a little insight to some interesting alternate ideas telltale were thinking of.

• User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@PhillySportsFan1985 said: If this content is found to be real, its give the user a little insight to some interesting alternate ideas telltale were thinking of.

I just ran the Telltale Speech Extractor tool myself, and they're in there, so it's real. And, yes. It's very interesting to see alternate ideas for the storyline. :)

@PhillySportsFan1985 said: Wait...so this is canon then?

No. This is just unused lines that will never be played in the game that were hidden in the audio pack that can only be viewed by using a tool created by a fan called Telltale Speech Extractor (linked to above).

There's a bunch of fun stuff hidden in Telltale's games if you use this tool (for example: voice files for the tutorial section of SBCG4AP for PlayStation 3 and iPad and a "murder at the inventory" dialog between Van Winslow and Max in Poker Night at the Inventory, and bloopers in Wallace & Gromit: Muzzled). :D

• wow cool, thanks jen for confirming this. Really cool to hear some of the other stuff going through their heads

• No its canon. Because of all the time hijinks and alternate universes created, its quite likely that each incident has occured in different variations of similar time lines.

/win

• If anyone else extracts anything else can you post your findings? I only have the ps3 version, thanks

• I just downloaded the speech extractor but when I choose Get Tannen it says "Folder not found" down the bottom.

Add Comment