User Avatar Image

Troodon speculation thread!

posted by Woodsyblue on - last edited - Viewed by 9K users

Telltale have said [quote]A new threat emerges: an eerie, nocturnal predator stalking the group, hunting them relentlessly across the island.[/quote]

jurassicpark6.jpg

They can also be seen in the trailer. (About 35 seconds in.)

At first I thought they were Compys. They're small, numerous and nocturnal (the book reveals they are nocturnal) which all fits however the way Telltale are building it up it's probably something more dangerous.

So what do people think? Any ideas? Let the speculation (and the inevitable thread derailment) commence!

170 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Woodsyblue said: Telltale have said

jurassicpark6.jpg

They can also be seen in the trailer. (About 35 seconds in.)

At first I thought they were Compys. They're small, numerous and nocturnal (the book reveals they are nocturnal) which all fits however the way Telltale are building it up it's probably something more dangerous.

So what do people think? Any ideas? Let the speculation (and the inevitable thread derailment) commence!

Well I'm taking a stab in the Dark I'm going to say Dilophasaurus, because well we first see it at night, and secondly when mentioning it in the gameiformer article. A "Familiar Predator"

• I believe that it's a dinosaur that we haven't seen before in the films. It does say "A new threat" after all. They also mention that we learn darker secreats about the park. I'm going to take an even further stab in the dark and say that we could be dealing with some mutated creatures here. Perhaps a new cross breed of dinosaur that was created by genetic engineering. After all, in the Lost World novel, Ian says that there must have been mutations. You don't just splice Dinosaur and Amphibian DNA together and get a full ready made dinosaur.

But again, that's a big stab in the dark.

Many have already suggested Troodon over at the JPL website. Which judging by the pics the eyes are around the right height. But I don't think that what it is because it would be too simular to the raptors just smaller.

Looking closely at the one to the left of the right tree you can see a good outline of the dinosaurs face. Whatever it is, it appears to have a short snout.

• Monkeys or Army of some sort.

• In The Lost World book there is a part with multiple nocturnal predatory dinosaurs that can change color like a chameleon. I know that The Lost World takes place on Isla Sorna and the park is actually on Isla Nublar, but my hope is that they use that part from the book and add carnotaurus to the game. Carnotaurus was actually much larger than it is being portrayed in this pic, but it could always be a group of juveniles.

• I bet it's Samual L Jackson, Who obviously cloned himself just before JP1, We never actually see him die and all we see is a black guys arm. The Sam Jackson army is going to stop our hero from getting the Dino fetuses.

• In Destructoid's preview they say:

[quote]As for the dinosaurs, expect to see all of those mentioned so far plus some others, including a species that has never been in a Jurassic Park movie.[/quote]

So we can really rule out Compys. Troodon still a possibility. It looks like whatever they are they are poisonous.

• @Irishmile said: Jawas

Haha!
    Wait guys, so the new dino is obviously poisonous, althought that doesnt help at all because TTG can make any dino poisonous in their story, or it could be a hybrid of one of thier dilos with something else. But it looked like Nima was poisined from a bite or scratch, really hoping for Carnotaurs tho!!!! :)

• could very well be metriacanthosaurus,they gave it a miss in the movie.

• I still say the Dilophasaurus, because well...it makes sense to me.

Add Comment