User Avatar Image

How to make characters stop talking and get on with it

posted by moturu on - last edited - Viewed by 711 users

You know with Edna's song it was 5 hours long? I figured out that if you right-click, then it will immediatly go to the end of their sentence or whatever their saying. A wonderful time saver. :)

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Jeez, talk about an overstatement. The song was both enjoyable and 15 seconds long.

  • The song is now my ringtone.

  • I figured out that if you press the open button on your microwave before the timer has finished, then you can get your food out early...

    ...or maybe I'm missing the point.

  • lol 5 hours long. You actually had me there for a while. I was like trying to figure out whether something was wrong with your computer or that I missed something.

  • @Origami said: lol 5 hours long. You actually had me there for a while. I was like trying to figure out whether something was wrong with your computer or that I missed something.

    It's all a part of society today and their quick fix, fast food, attention deficit disorder, give me everything right now attitude.

    Bloody whippersnappers.

    For those who care, you can also right click your way through all of the dialogue in the game. Or perhaps you'd care to simply watch a playthrough on Youtube and hit the fast forward button. You could probably be done in 10 minutes total and be back with your favorite BANG BANG, BOOM BOOM games in no time.

  • It is nice to be able to right-click through dialog on a second playthrough, or when dealing with repeated conversations when stuck on something

  • @LuigiHann said: It is nice to be able to right-click through dialog on a second playthrough, or when dealing with repeated conversations when stuck on something

    Hmm, I guess.

  • @Davies said: It's all a part of society today and their quick fix, fast food, attention deficit disorder, give me everything right now attitude.

    Bloody whippersnappers.

    For those who care, you can also right click your way through all of the dialogue in the game. Or perhaps you'd care to simply watch a playthrough on Youtube and hit the fast forward button. You could probably be done in 10 minutes total and be back with your favorite BANG BANG, BOOM BOOM games in no time.

    I don't think that's fair. Perhaps in OP's case it is, but I can sit through a 15 minute long Tarantino monologue and love every second of it. At the same time, I start to get annoyed with Telltale/other video game dialogue very quickly. That's because Tarantino's stuff is well written, well directed, and well acted, and Telltale's stuff is generally none of those things. Watching a great actor deliver a monologue can be awesome - watching a poorly animated 3D character deliver one with a mediocre voice actor sucks.

  • @JuntMonkey said: I don't think that's fair.

    You shouldn't take me so seriously. Lord knows, no-one else does...

    computer_sad_dog2.jpgQuick, someone grab a violin

    P.S. When someone below the age of 70 says 'whippersnappers' you should probably take what their saying with a pinch of salt ;)

  • @Davies said: You shouldn't take me so seriously. Lord knows, no-one else does.

    computer_sad_dog2.jpg

    - :(

Add Comment