User Avatar Image

Tales of Monkey Island Season 2?

posted by Important-Looking Pirate on - last edited - Viewed by 14.4K users

When's that scheduled for then? :D

478 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Dear Lucasarts,

The first time I ever heard of Monkey Island was through Telltale. Now I'm trying to buy every single game! Me and my sister have bonded while playing MI games, and we both really want a new game. You really should let Telltale make another Monkey Island game. They are definently capable, and TOMI was great. A new game will please old fans and reach out to new ones. Please fans and make more money? Definently worth it!

Sincerly,
    Nathan Bowring

• @Silverwolfpet said: Very nice, everybody!

Three more days and I'll start arranging these into a nice orderly manner. One question:

- Should we just paste the text into a word document and print it (with digital signatures?) or should we print these as forum posts (with the box around them and the date when they were written etcetc)?
    The difference would be that it will look different than an ordinary letter and it may get more attention.

Also, Davies, I understand your concern. Most of these are not 100% final. It's important to give people some time before they re-read their posts. Once I compile everything into a nice, clean document, I'll post the link to it here, everybody can download it and tell me if they want to change anything.

We can discuss it when we are done writing. :) No worries, we want everybody to be happy with the final letter.

If you actually want to affect anything, Telltale's forums seems like a small venue to obtain signatures. Maybe you should try someplace slightly larger, like Adventure Gamers? I'm not sure about other adventure communities, but that one is fairly large.

• USE greenlight with ToMI season 2
    - Justin

• Dear Lucasarts,

Not only have you proved the there is a current fanbase for the Monkey Island games (your Special Editions were quite successful), but Telltale has also shown that they are capable of making a quality Monkey Island game. By letting Telltale make another Monkey Island game, you would not be taxing any of your game making resources and could continue making any games you like, while getting royalties from the success of a game that you didn't even make! In other words, this would not only benefit the fans, but also Lucasarts as a whole.

Sincerely,
    Blooglspash

• @Rather Dashing said: If you actually want to affect anything, Telltale's forums seems like a small venue to obtain signatures. Maybe you should try someplace slightly larger, like Adventure Gamers? I'm not sure about other adventure communities, but that one is fairly large.

Great idea! Since you know the site (which I don't), please make sure they all get the message. You have a way with stating a point, I'm sure they will like the idea :) Let us know, please, how it goes.

I will also post this on the worldofmi forums. Anyone has other sources?

• Dear LucasArts,
    The success of the monkey island series has really benefited your public image. When you were paying homage to your most dearly beloved back library with stunning remakes, and licensing new a sequel, you showed the world that you didn't want to be seen as the star wars company anymore. However, despite the success of these ventures, the effect is beginning to dwindle. Please rekindle the flame by reviving the classic remake program (either with Curse of monkey island, or another classic series, such as maniac mansion), and leasing the licenses out to other companies, such as Telltale games.

Yours faithfully
    Liam

• You could make a "Save Monkey Island" Facebook page or something.

• I think the final date should be postponed to maybe May 1st. This would give us more time to get the word out to other sites and hence amass a larger collection of people.

I also think that it would be best to present peoples posts as a collection of letters (as opposed to forum posts in their original form). Trust me, the more professional the effort, the better the response will be. At the one end of the spectrum you might have someone saying "Woot! OMFG!! MI RULZ MAKE MORE BRUV!" (which will get chucked straight in the bin - heck, even I would bin that trash) and at the other end is a hand written letter from each of us (which isn't realistic in this case but we should at least aim towards that end of the spectrum).

• So, what you're saying is, everyone send letters to me, I put them in one big envelope and send them to LA?

• @Silverwolfpet said: So, what you're saying is, everyone send letters to me, I put them in one big envelope and send them to LA?

No no, not at all. As I said that's unrealistic. What I mean is that we shouldn't present the posts in their original forum form (with the boarder and avatars) but instead format them to at least appear as typed letters (including correcting any spelling and grammar errors).

Add Comment