User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 25.8K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Wasteland, because I now have a commodore.

• "Which game should I play next? Meh, screw it, I don't feel like starting anything new, what's going on on the internet?" Considering that I've got Epic Mickey, Metroid: Other M, the PSP remakes if Final Fantasy I, II, and Tactics, Bone, Wallace & Gromit, and Strong Bad episode 5 all sitting around completely untouched, I feel that I desperately need to break out of this cycle.

• @Icedhope said: Wasteland, because I now have a commodore.

FUCK YES. I loved Wasteland so very much and I still long for the days when it was just... there... and I could play it. Also, I have no idea how I loved Wasteland but disliked Fallout 1 and 2.

• I have picked up Curse of Monkey Island again in an attempt to cheer myself up. Even though I've been smiling and acting cheerfully around my roomies, I've been pretty depressed about my thesis and really need to get out of that if I want to be in any way productive.

• I hate Sonic Heroes. I have no problem with most of the game but the Special Stage is just downright fucking cruel.

• I finally gave up and used a Wii homebrew app to put a save file off the internet on my GameCube memory card so I could fight the final boss. Sonic Heroes is DONE.

Up Next: Shadow the Hedgehog

• Just started on a bit of Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, after that I will move on to Hexen beyond Heretic, HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel and Hexen 2.

I also started a bit of Gothic, but so far I find the game hard. Mostly because the controls is a bit wacky, holding in an action button for everything is a bit new for me.
    And the fighting takes a little getting into, I did die a few times at the beginning and had to start over, and I also got stuck in the graphics and couldn't move. :p

• @VeronicanPlay said: Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders

Ahh! My second ever FPS! (My first was Doom II). I used to co-op with my brother on this. Good times. :D

• PC:

- Ghost Pirates of Vooju Island
    - Braid

DS:

- New Super Mario Bros DS... I'm just 10 star coins to full completion! :D

Just completed BTTF ep 2, DeathSpank: TOV, Portal (xbox 360)...

• Well, I've just beaten Shadow the Hedgehog for the tenth time. I can't say I've taken all possible paths (because the library is absolutely ridiculous), but I've taken all ten direct routes to the endings. I've unlocked the Last Story, and having seen ten possible outcomes from the main game, I have absolutely no idea where the fuck the Last Story continues from. Of course, it doesn't help that it's been something like two years since I saw the first eight endings.

Add Comment