User Avatar Image

Beyond Good & Evil HD

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 571 users

bge.jpg

Alright, so the HD version of the classic 'Beyond Good & Evil' will be hitting the PlayStation Network as well as the Xbox Live Arcade tomorrow (March 2).

Screenshots were released a couple of months ago. The achievements guide was recently posted. And a trailer has been released, entitled "Traitor".

So, who's excited about this release, and who's thinking about buying it?

65 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I saw that at GameStop a month ago and was about to pick it up because it looked cool. Not sure if it is though. I haven't played it. But I'm guessing if they're releasing it again in HD then it must be good.

Edit: I saw the used PS2 game at gamestop is what I mean. Didn't want anyone to get confused. lol

• Embarrassed to say I have not played the original I have bought of GOG yet, I don't know what has been keeping me. But my MMO's was just too exciting to to stop playing, so I guess that has something to do with it.

But I might be able to get my brother into it, as we have a Playstation 3, we need to get it. :)

• @waroftheworlds01 said: But I'm guessing if they're releasing it again in HD then it must be good.

You're prettymuch correct there. It was a commercial failure because it was released at a really unfortunate time, and there wasn't really any major promotion for it. But the people who have played the game know just what a great game it actually is. So Ubisoft are giving a second shot with this release.

• @Hayden said: You're prettymuch correct there. It was a commercial failure because it was released at a really unfortunate time, and there wasn't really any major promotion for it. But the people who have played the game know just what a great game it actually is. So Ubisoft are giving a second shot with this release.

It's upsetting when a good game goes unnoticed. Sounds a bit like Mark of Kri. I don't think many played that game either even though it was cool.

• If you haven't played this yet, then get this. It's great.

• And if you have played this, and you own one of these two consoles, then buy it again. The sales from this release will probably determine whether or not we see a finished version of the sequel (which is currently in production).

• Yeah, what a great game that was. And one of the only ones in which I enjoyed the dutch dubbing A LOT!
    I wonder if they'll release the dutch dub with the HD version too...

• ^ This also gets me thinking about voice in general for the game. Because optional conversations aren't actually spoken; all that the player gets to see is text. Of course, there is nothing wrong with this - it's better in some ways - but I'm just wondering if they may have inserted voice-over into these conversations... Probably not, but it would be nice to think so.

• I hope they won't change too much of the gameplay for the sequel.
    There were rumors that the gameplay would be changed to "appeal to a broader audience."
    Wouldn't want Ubisoft to pull a Telltale on us. ;)

Add Comment