User Avatar Image

The Mystery of El Pollo Diablo

posted by ragdoll556 on - last edited - Viewed by 516 users

In The Curse of Monkey Island there is a myth circulating around plunder island about a horrifying demon known as El Pollo diablo(the devil chicken).
It supposedly is responsible for releasing Blondebeard's chickens and is a cause of horror for most of the residents. But the game never seemed to explain exactly what El Pollo Diablo was (assuming I didn't overlook something). Guybrush used the myth to trick blondebeard at one point, but that was pretty much the only time it was used in the plot.

So my question is, was it real? If not, then what freed blondebeard's chickens?

21 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • For some odd reason I always selected dialogue option: "!Sí He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!" in Blondbeard's.

Personally I liked the joke, but I never thought that it would neer more explaining. Guybrush was just using crazy person's worst fears against him. :)

• @Olaus Petrus said: For some odd reason I always selected dialogue option: "!Sí He dejado en libertad los prisioneros y ahora vengo por ti!" in Blondbeard's.

Personally I liked the joke, but I never thought that it would neer more explaining. Guybrush was just using crazy person's worst fears against him. :)

Twas the funniest response for anyone with a smidgen of Spanish under their belt.

• @DAISHI said: Twas the funniest response for anyone with a smidgen of Spanish under their belt.

Or with access to Google Translate ;)

• @Davies said: Or with access to Google Translate ;)

Hah. Very true. Though, I am inclined to think it was a bit funnier for anyone acquainted with Mexican telenovelas (soap operas). The line itself is funny, but he delivers it with the same sort of faux dramatics that an actor on one of those soaps does.

• @Davies said: Or with access to Google Translate ;)

One of the dialogue options is exactly the same line in English and it's quite easy to figure out what the Spanish comment means, even without translator or skill in Spanish language.

• @Olaus Petrus said: One of the dialogue options is exactly the same line in English and it's quite easy to figure out what the Spanish comment means, even without translator or skill in Spanish language.

Sí, eso es cierto. Muy bien visto. :D

• @Olaus Petrus said: One of the dialogue options is exactly the same line in English and it's quite easy to figure out what the Spanish comment means, even without translator or skill in Spanish language.

Except for those of us who don't read all the dialogue options and click immediately on the one that gets our eye :P

• @DAISHI said: Except for those of us who don't read all the dialogue options and click immediately on the one that gets our eye :P

You don't? :eek:

Personally I'm one of those crazy persons who might restore previous save, just because they missed one topic in the dialogue tree. :D

• I'm just one of the crazy people who've played the game so much to have used all the lines. ;)

• Same actually. I just blew through Curse again recently and realized not only did I know all the responses that would come up, but I have a habit of actually saying the lines myself. Not sure if that's sad or just kind of cool...

Add Comment