User Avatar Image

Season 4: Finalization of a Cancelled Project, or an Original Concept?

posted by Hayden on - last edited - Viewed by 360 users

As we all know, there have been quite a significant number of cancelled Sam & Max projects. The two most notable and well known are, or couse 'Freelance Police' and 'Plunge Through Space'. With Steve Purcell's new S&M blog, he has been posting quite a few pieces of concept art from these two projects, along with some other unnamed projects. This has really sparked my interest in a lot of the cancelled 'S&M' projects - 'Plunge Through Space' most of all; everything that he has posted from this cancelled project just seems really interesting, and I'm sure it could have become something great if it were ever finalized. And I'm sure the same goes for many other 'S&M' projects that have been cancelled over the years. Now, with Telltale and Steve Purcell able to do whatever they like with the franchise, there's is the possibility and opportunity to finalize these projects and turn them into something great.

So, the question is, should they do this? Or should they leave these old projects in the past and focus on something fresh? And if you do want one of the [titled] projects to be made into a game, then which one?

I look forward to hearing your opinions.

37 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I really wanna see both completed but I dobut it will be, I mean Steve is still very secretive about both games which might mean legal issues, that or he just doesn't wanna tell. Ether way I can't help to wonder what would both games be like and what effect they would of had on the franchise. I also wonder the same thing about Earthbound 64 if that was made. To many good games die to soon :(

• @SillyStell said: I really wanna see both completed but I dobut it will be, I mean Steve is still very secretive about both games which might mean legal issues, that or he just doesn't wanna tell. Ether way I can't help to wonder what would both games be like and what effect they would of had on the franchise. I also wonder the same thing about Earthbound 64 if that was made. To many good games die to soon :(

I think Earthbound 64 did come back... on the Gameboy Advance as Mother 3. I wonder if either of those two Sam and Max games will come back this way... if they come back at all.

• I dunno, a lot of concepts of Earthbound 64 got changed and pretty much completly alterd when it was transfered to Mother 3. That's what I kinda wonder about the cancelled projects also, would the fact if it did start a fresh cause it to become a completly different game anyway? Etherway we'd be getting a new Sam and Max so it an't all bad XD

• @SillyStell said: I dunno, a lot of concepts of Earthbound 64 got changed and pretty much completly alterd when it was transfered to Mother 3.

There were changes, yeah, but Mother 3 and EB64 are still pretty much the same thing, it's not like they didn't change as much as every other game does from beta to full version.

• True, I still would of loved to of seen both versions.
    Anyway I fear I've lead this thread astray with my talk of Mother D:

• I'm curious and want to look what the got so far in the develop of this games Oo

• @lattsam said: Yeah, I really think Telltale should do this, regardless of whatever LucasArts tells them to do.

So you think that they should steal things that belong to LucasArts, and then get sued into oblivion?

• @SHODANFreeman said: So you think that they should steal things that belong to LucasArts, and then get sued into oblivion?

I didn't necessarily say they should steal it. I think they should walk right up to the president of LucasArts, and say "I know you want to put Freelance Police behind you, but I want to continue working on it, so I would appreciate it if you would give us permission to continue the project"... or something to that effect.

• If they find away to tie them into a season 4 I'll be blown! :eek:

• @lattsam said: I didn't necessarily say they should steal it. I think they should walk right up to the president of LucasArts, and say "I know you want to put Freelance Police behind you, but I want to continue working on it, so I would appreciate it if you would give us permission to continue the project"... or something to that effect.

probably the president would say something like this:
    GIMME SOME MONEY NAAAO

and the they will decide that is better to do a new and good sam & max game without worrying about the past

Add Comment