User Avatar Image

stuck at soup kitchen

posted by brak88 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.9K users

i know i'm supposed to hit the pipes in order to knock the barrels, but everytime i click on the pipes, marty says they lead into the basement instead of hitting them. am I suppose to pick up something to hit the pipes or did i maybe not trigger some necessary dialogue to get that action to occur? i had edna pick up multiple barrels of soup and i ran out of dialogue options for young doc and cue ball. help would be very appreciated.

18 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • hi,...
    I had to restart from a previous point but now I am able to trigger the pipes with Marty. I think the trick is to do it before you talk to Doc to set up the door jamb. Thanks ,....

• This was pretty tricky, but you shouldn't need to restart. If you aren't triggering the ability to hit the pipes with Marty, make sure:

-- You have seen the cut-scene where Cueball hits the pipes.
    -- You talk with Edna and offer your services for delivery.
    -- You attempt to leave the Soup Kitchen AFTER Cueball has begun spicing the soup.

Does any of that help?

• had the same problem, scene was not triggered.
    Good thing was that i didn't need a save game. I just had to discuss all the barrels more with cue ball.
    Silly thing though is that I knew from the start these were hooch barrels. Why force me to discuss it over and over again, when it is plain obvious? Good thing this thread existed, walkthroughs were useless here. ;-)

• What I did was I exhausted conversation about Soup Delievery with Edna, talked to Emmett in the soup kitchen but did NOT mention the door that was stuck. I then left the soup kitchen, came back and walked in the direction of Emmett at which point the cutscene started. Yes, it was a little repetitive but it worked for me.

• I tried all of this and can't get it to work - is there a patch?

• DO NOT talk to Cue Ball until you have done everything else in the game that you can. If you talk to Cue Ball before you absolutely have to it will cause the glitch. You don't have to talk to anyone or click anything to trigger the cut-scene, you just have to walk around the corner to Emmett.

I have played it through this way several times without a problem after getting stuck the first 2 times I tried it.

I think the bug has something to do with Emmett, and whether or not he's there when you talk to Cue Ball the first time.

• I have a question, why are you in a 1931 soup-kitchen in the first place??? I don't know, it seems there are a lot of time travelling people that came back to 2011 to post on these forums but it really confuses me... help...? :)

• @RexMaster said: I have a question, why are you in a 1931 soup-kitchen in the first place??? I don't know, it seems there are a lot of time travelling people that came back to 2011 to post on these forums but it really confuses me... help...? :)

You mean, you didn't come back to 2011 in a time machine?

Wait, forget I said anything in the first place...

• @Martin McFly said: You mean, you didn't come back to 2011 in a time machine?

Wait, forget I said anything in the first place...

Well duh! Now you couldve messed up the Space- Time Continuum and it could cause me to disapp--- NO!!!! DOC, WHATS HAPPENING?!?!?!?!

• @RexMaster said: Well duh! Now you couldve messed up the Space- Time Continuum and it could cause me to disapp--- NO!!!! DOC, WHATS HAPPENING?!?!?!?!

Oh man, I really messed up this time. DOC! WE HAVE TO FIX THIS!

Add Comment