User Avatar Image

Can't play back tape (spoilers)

posted by seite7 on - last edited - Viewed by 741 users

Okay, I know I am supposed to record the guy and then play it back to him, but how? Every time I use the tape recorder on the guy it just starts a new recording and doesn't play back the old recording. :-(

16 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Jennifer said: You have to record young Doc and play it back to old Doc.

    I agreed to that i did it also for the past few days and it really worked.

  • I've recorded him 50 times each way, from the court house and back. I've still not gotten a recording? I mean it's impossible to have it green{recorder} the entire way, at least for me it is. This is the first game of this type I've played, the controls are just alien to me, but having it that difficult for a novice player, it just takes all the fun out of it.
    Could anyone maybe give me some tips on how to make sure you stay on him the entire way? Thanks
    Dan

  • You don't need to follow him. As long as he records something, that's enough.

  • You don't have to follow him with the tape recorder. I simply got the tape recorder out, waited for Emmett to walk past me, and clicked on him. Unless, of course, you have the Playstation version of the game. My way is only valid for the PC game.

  • @Martin McFly said: You don't have to follow him with the tape recorder. I simply got the tape recorder out, waited for Emmett to walk past me, and clicked on him. Unless, of course, you have the Playstation version of the game. My way is only valid for the PC game.

    I have the PC also but I just tried it again and every time I go back to the jail to let Emmit hear it. It just says "I don't know what that will do" The recorder is green for at least 15 seconds while recording but nothing seems to work. Even in the hints it's telling me to record him. Does anything happen to let you know you've got a good recording of him? I just followed him 3 trips back and forth this last time. The first time I just recorded him for a few seconds but neither is working? I'm about ready to forget this game, very annoying. Thanks for the help though!

  • @DocHoliday69 said: I have the PC also but I just tried it again and every time I go back to the jail to let Emmit hear it. It just says "I don't know what that will do" The recorder is green for at least 15 seconds while recording but nothing seems to work. Even in the hints it's telling me to record him. Does anything happen to let you know you've got a good recording of him? I just followed him 3 trips back and forth this last time. The first time I just recorded him for a few seconds but neither is working? I'm about ready to forget this game, very annoying. Thanks for the help though!

    You have to click on Emmett with the tape recorder out. There will be a small cutscene which will indicate that you did it correctly. If Emmett is too fast for you to click on, wait near the gazebo until Emmett passes and click on him then.

  • @Martin McFly said: You have to click on Emmett with the tape recorder out. There will be a small cutscene which will indicate that you did it correctly. If Emmett is too fast for you to click on, wait near the gazebo until Emmett passes and click on him then.

    That's exactly what I'm doing. The tape recorder turns green and I've had it on him for 5-7 seconds at a time and nothing happens? I just can't keep it on him longer because of the control method and where the scene changes, it's impossible.
    I bet I've tried this a total of 50 times and I just can't do it again unless I know it's possible to finish. Thanks for the reply. Dan

  • @DocHoliday69 said: That's exactly what I'm doing. The tape recorder turns green and I've had it on him for 5-7 seconds at a time and nothing happens? I just can't keep it on him longer because of the control method and where the scene changes, it's impossible.
    I bet I've tried this a total of 50 times and I just can't do it again unless I know it's possible to finish. Thanks for the reply. Dan

    Okay, try this. After talking to Doc about his younger self, position yourself just before the exit gate to the park. When Emmett is on his way towards the Law offices, click on him as he's leaving the park. This is just before he walks across the street and just passes the gates.

  • Thanks Martin that worked finally. I really, really appreciate the help.
    It's just no fun going over and over and over the same scene without any luck. Again Thanks!
    Dan

  • @DocHoliday69 said: Thanks Martin that worked finally. I really, really appreciate the help.
    It's just no fun going over and over and over the same scene without any luck. Again Thanks!
    Dan

    Glad I could help, Dan.

Add Comment