User Avatar Image

Savegame troubles (merged threads)

posted by saxysousy on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users

How do you save the game if you don't want to play it all at once?

BTW, I LOOOVE it so far. Thank you Telltale for making this game!

168 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @baltar said: I attached a screenshot of what I see when I try to run this game. from the episode 2 shortcut. Episode 1 shortcut shows just fine though and I am able to run both episodes from that shortcut, but I can't save in EP2..

Just run it with the recent shortcut (even if you want to play Ep1 again) that each installer makes. Does this work?

• nope, didnt work..

I even went as far as installed episode 2 only, still doesn't work..
    Windows XP64 here...

• FIXED:

went into registry - HKLM\Software\Telltalegames\
    deleted launcher which showed my username and a hash for my password. Reinstalled both games, ran it and were good.

Also, I noticed in the HKCU\Software\Telltalegames\
    had a launcher that showed my email address and a has for my password, as opposed to HKLM which has my username.. Deleting both of these fixed it.. I think it was related to me installing monkey island beforehand that caused this?

• @baltar said: FIXED:

went into registry - HKLM\Software\Telltalegames\
    deleted launcher which showed my username and a hash for my password. Reinstalled both games, ran it and were good.

Also, I noticed in the HKCU\Software\Telltalegames\
    had a launcher that showed my email address and a has for my password, as opposed to HKLM which has my username.. Deleting both of these fixed it.. I think it was related to me installing monkey island beforehand that caused this?

Thanks a million dude! This fixed it!

• Same problem here, using legal version couldn't save. But also used the wrong Episode 1 Launcher. Using Windows 7 32bit.

With Episode 2 Launcher (BackToTheFuture102.exe) it works fine i can save! :)

• Ok, I also had this problem, purchased the game from Telltale yet had no visible option to save, I emailed the support team who were very helpful. After sending them a copy of my pc info, they emailed me back with this suggestion.

We actually don't support your video card (Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family) so it may be preventing the entire menu from displaying correctly. But there is an update for your card that might help. If you contact Intel they should be able to walk you through updating it.

So I updated the video card, now the save/load displays properly.

Hope this helps.

• I was having the save/load problem also. I just bought the game yesterday and installed episodes 1 and 2 at the same time. I was using the episode 2 launcher to start it though and couldn't save in episode 1. I used the episode 1 launcher and registered my email and password and after that I could use the episode 2 launcher to play fine.

• Oh geez, I finaly fixed my save problem, but starting episode 2 directly and not with the launcher of episode 1... But the first time I played I allready was pretty far in the game. I visited the speakeasy and talked to everybody in there and did anything that could be done the first time... Does anyone have a savegame around that part of the game, because I don't want to go all through it again...

Thx

• There is no save feature in my copy of the game. I bought the season, downloaded the game, installed it fully and my esc screen for the second episode has no save/load feature.

• I found out with much searching that if you install ep1 and ep2 the save game option will disappear, as it did with me. I had to reinstall ep1 and play them one at a time. When your done with that one uninstall it and install ep2 it worked for me. Otherwise ep.2 uses ep1 launcher and the save games wont work. Once i did that though the game wouldn't play so i had to right click and run as administrtor. hope this helps.

Add Comment