User Avatar Image

Which games are you currently playing?

posted by patters on - last edited - Viewed by 20.4K users

basically name a game or more that you are currently playing (or have been recently) and say what you think of it.

Prince of Persia (newest): It is OK, not as good as the last 3, the removal of death as a deterrent is irritating, I wish they had not done it, it seems like a way to appeal to "casuals". I think the combat is dry and repetitive also.

Smash Bros:brawl: Overall an excellent game, however a lot of the mechanics from melee worked better in my opinion

Halo Wars: the best RTS I have played on a console, over simplified compared to PC ones, although that is to be expected. It is a pity Ensemble don't exist anymore

3.6K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Pokemon Yellow -Seeing everyone talking about Pokemon Black/White made me all nostalgic ^^

• @waroftheworlds01 said: I wasn't trying to convince you to pick it up again. lol.

I was actually referring to GuruGuru's post, yours was kind of stealth-posted in-between. :D

• I got all kinds of new games since Christmas, but haven't yet had the time to finish any of them.

I already had "Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands" for my birthday in August, but it's the PC version and I'm not used to playing this type of game with mouse and keyboard, so it's going kinda slow.

Then for Christmas my wife got me a PS3 with "GTA 4" and "Assassin's Creed 2". I also got a gift certificate which I used to get "Final Fantasy 13", and since I always wanted a PS3 to play "Heavy Rain", I got that one too.

Then I realized "Gray Matter" had been released, so I went out and bought that so I had something else to play when the TV wasn't available. Then I realized I still had "The King's Quest Collection" lying around, where I had reached the fifth game. That one runs on my older computer upstairs so now I have something to play when I want to escape from downstairs LOL.

Around that time "King's Quest 3: Redux" was released, so I'll probably be playing that soon too. And this week I noticed "Chronicles of Mystery: The Scorpio Ritual" was going for only 5 euro on Steam so I bought that as well.

And of course there are still the next BttF episodes, and the new Jurassic Park games.

I think I'm done getting new games for the next 5 years LOL

• @Rather Dashing said: (B&W Disney Response)

Meh, I gave it a shot. I feel that giving up on the game before reaching the point of playing as Sora isn't really giving it a fair chance, but I understand that playing four hours as Roxas takes a ton of patience, and I accepted long ago that the series isn't really for you anyway.

@Rather Dashing said: Speaking of Mickey Mouse I need to finish Epic Mickey..

I need to start Epic Mickey. I've been trying to decide on a game lately, and maybe I've got enough distance from Kingdom Hearts to consider Epic Mickey now.

• @rubygloommel said: Pokemon Yellow -Seeing everyone talking about Pokemon Black/White made me all nostalgic ^^

I wish I knew where my copy of yellow was. I also wish I knew where my SP was, seeing how my DS can only play GBA games...

• So I picked up Ghouls n Ghosts and Chakan for the Megadrive.

Both games are good, but so damn hard!

I don't know why, but for some reason I seem to be picking up a lot of hard games lately....

• Dammit, I can't keep putting this off or I'm going to regret it when the battery dies. Up next: Pokémon Crystal

• @GuruGuru214 said: Dammit, I can't keep putting this off or I'm going to regret it when the battery dies. Up next: Pokémon Crystal

Mine has already died, so when I start that game up again, the first thing I need to do is replace the battery. Along with Silver and Gold when I start those.

• I need to get the Pokédex in Crystal up to 150 so Stadium 2 will allow me to transfer my Celebi over before the battery dies. Yes, I have an original Celebi from the first event for it at Six Flags in 2000. Not for long if I don't get my ass busy, though.

Add Comment