User Avatar Image

Exclusivity over the license.

posted by Sslaxx on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Just because I'd like to see (one of) the AGDI guys stop their whining, even though it's very unlikely to be answered here...

Is Telltale's license to use the various Sierra-related IP exclusive?

165 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MusicallyInspired said: I'm tired of reading Anakin's posts. Does this forum have an ignore feature like other vBulletin boards?

No thanks. I'm not a follower.

Why are you even here? You already decided you aren't going to like the game. Don't even bother playing it.

• Personally AGDI's works with the King's Quest series is some of the best fan based work I've seen ever. Even back in 2001 I couldn't believe the work they did with KQ1VGA even though it was mostly a 1:1 remake. And then they turned KQ2 (one of worst games in the series in my opinion) into a storyline that competed with KQ6 (one of my favorites) Personally I'm curious how the Telltale KQ game will come out but I don't see the point in slamming AGDI seeing how they've done an impressive job with all of their work.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: Why are you even here? You already decided you aren't going to like the game. Don't even bother playing it.

I'm here because I'm trying to steer the project in the right direction. I doubt it'll work but it's worth a shot. When I say "I'm not a follower" I mean that I'm not just going to blindly accept anything Telltale throws at me related to franchises I love in exchange for my money.

• @techie775 said: Personally AGDI's works with the King's Quest series is some of the best fan based work I've seen ever. Even back in 2001 I couldn't believe the work they did with KQ1VGA even though it was mostly a 1:1 remake. And then they turned KQ2 (one of worst games in the series in my opinion) into a storyline that competed with KQ6 (one of my favorites) Personally I'm curious how the Telltale KQ game will come out but I don't see the point in slamming AGDI seeing how they've done an impressive job with all of their work.

People weren't so much slamming AGDI's work since they did do an impressive job with the games. Just that the announcment that TTG has acquired the license and how AGDI reacted to it, divided some people here on the forums.

• I do get where the sourness of some people comes from. Fan groups have spent a lot of time in creating their KQ games and some have even geared towards commercial prodcution with other games, so they might have had dreams of continuing KQ commercially as well. But now that's off the table, at least for now.

But be it any case, any future KQ game, be it 3D or 3D, would have been different from the originals. For one thing, the graphics would be much higher resoultion in 2D games, instantly making the looks different. And that was what Sierra did as well, developed their games along the tech, not against it, like some fans seem to be wanting.

In the end, what matters most, is the atmosphere of the game. If TTG decides to do a KQ game with atmosphere of Monkey Island, the game is doomed. But as far I'm concerned, TTG has managed to do different kind of atmosphere in their different products. So here's hoping for the best.

• @doom saber said: People weren't so much slamming AGDI's work since they did do an impressive job with the games. Just that the announcment that TTG has acquired the license and how AGDI reacted to it, divided some people here on the forums.

Ah, I've just seen a couple posts calling AGDI's work "amateurish" which I highly disagree with. I know that doesn't represent everyone but considering this day and age with "Call of Duty" 13, I'm grateful to see Adventure Games produced.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: Why are you even here? You already decided you aren't going to like the game. Don't even bother playing it.

I think a number of us are here because we feel like we should voice our opinions on how we think a KQ game ought to be different from the traditional Telltale setup. Sure Telltale will have plenty of customers just because they're Telltale, but they'll lose a lot of long-time KQ fans if they just put a KQ skin on a Back to the Future type game.

• @MusicallyInspired said: I'm tired of reading Anakin's posts. Does this forum have an ignore feature like other vBulletin boards?

In case you haven't found out yet:
    http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/profile.php?do=ignorelist

• User Avatar Image
    Cez

@Anakin Skywalker said: Why are you even here? You already decided you aren't going to like the game. Don't even bother playing it.

oh, the irony in this post. I'll make sure to point you to this exact post in the future, because I know it will come in handy.

• Well, that prediction sounds ominous!

Add Comment