User Avatar Image

Roberta Williams/Josh Mandel discussion

posted by tomst on - last edited - Viewed by 2.5K users

Congrats to the Telltale team for announcing the return of mid-30 year old males (and anyone else old enough to remember this series) to the world of computer gaming!

Can anyone from TT comment on Roberta Williams's involvement in terms of story & design, if such plans even exist?

237 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @G.byrne said: I think it's very easy to claim King's Quest 8 was designed by a committee and shifted away from her vision in hindsight. If my memory serves me right I remember her getting quite excited by Mask of Eternity.

Mask of Eternity may not have been the ending all of us wanted... But it's what we got. It certainly isn't that bad of a game.

True. I have never heard that there were problems with KQ8 till I read this topic. I remember seeing interviews where she seemed very happy about KQ8

Just seems like if there is a game with less involvement from the original character, people would think the creator hates it. I remember how there were rumors about the creator of Dragonball not liking Dragonball GT despite there isn't any source.

• He sounds more like Indiana Jones to me. Fitting, seeing as TSL's Graham bears a striking resemblance to Harrison Ford.

• I liked Jason's Graham. His voice suits the character, and particularly the TSL version of the character.

• @thesporkman said: I liked Jason's Graham. His voice suits the character, and particularly the TSL version of the character.

Hope to God we don't have to bear TSL's version of anything KQ ever again.

• Telltale's game should be called King's Quest X: The Silver Lining 2.

• @Rather Dashing said: Telltale's game should be called King's Quest X: The Silver Lining 2.

So there is a KQ IX???? WHERE!!!!!!
    /end pathetic sarcastic joke

• @Anakin Skywalker said: Hope to God we don't have to bear TSL's version of anything KQ ever again.

We pitched a story to Telltale where Alexander just spends the first three episodes wandering from room to room in the castle not picking anything up but just moaning about what a depressing life he's had. All you have to do is just click on random things and he goes into emo monologues about how they remind him of sad days.

They accepted!

• @wilco64256 said: We pitched a story to Telltale where Alexander just spends the first three episodes wandering from room to room in the castle not picking anything up but just moaning about what a depressing life he's had. All you have to do is just click on random things and he goes into emo monologues about how they remind him of sad days.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the summary for the cut chapters 3=9. Sad that you know what KQ is and purposely just decided to basically rape it.

• Holy cow, you're bitter. It's a fan game. For free. By fans. Doing it for free.

• @ Cez and wilco:

I would TOTALLY buy a "Cesar Bittar raped my childhood!" T-shirt. You guys should really think about producing those for the Pheonix Online store. ;)

Add Comment