User Avatar Image

Roberta Williams/Josh Mandel discussion

posted by tomst on - last edited - Viewed by 2.2K users

Congrats to the Telltale team for announcing the return of mid-30 year old males (and anyone else old enough to remember this series) to the world of computer gaming!

Can anyone from TT comment on Roberta Williams's involvement in terms of story & design, if such plans even exist?

237 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Yeah since the other 29,000 registered users on our website agree with you there I'll definitely have to concede defeat. Oh wait...

On topic - I just hope they get a good voice for Graham, the fact that they're talking to Josh indicates that they could potentially need a voice actor for that part and whether that turns out to be someone who has done his voice before or not isn't quite as important to me as whether they just get a good voice to match the part.

• @Lambonius said: @ Cez and wilco:

I would TOTALLY buy a "Cesar Bittar raped my childhood!" T-shirt. You guys should really think about producing those for the Pheonix Online store. ;)

Oh man that made me laugh way too hard right there.

On topic again - Telltale does do a magnificent job of getting good voices for their characters, that part I'm actually not concerned about at all.

• ROFL, Lamb!

Weldon forgot to mention that in the pitch, Alex could also blog on livejournal about his pain, via the Eye Between the Worlds. ;)

And yeah, I love Jason's voice as Graham. It's perfect. Josh Mandel has done very well as Graham also, of course, and of course is the traditional voice for the character. :)

• User Avatar Image
    Cez

LOL! Lamb!

You know, Anakin, I do talk to Dave from time to time. Maybe I can pitch them Chapters 3-9...

...just for you. Whenever everyone tries to download the game they'll get TT's version, you will get our version no matter how hard you try. :)

• I like what I've seen of the silver lining. I appreciate what the fans have done. However, it's just my opinion that there are a lot of "feelings and emotions" going on in the game. For a series that didn't play heavily on emotional moments, in my opinion at least, the Silver Lining feels very different for some reason to me.

I think Josh Mandel should return as Graham for the same reason Dominic Armato returned as Guybrush. He is a voice attributed heavily to the series and is a driving force behind the franchise. I have nothing against the voice actor in The Silver Lining (who I thought was very good) and I certainly hope that some sort of nod is made by the developers to all fandevs who made these fan games...

These fan developers are just as responsible for making King's Quest what it is today. Had people just turned their attention away from the franchise after Mask of Eternity and none of the fan games been made... I would be willing to bet that Telltale wouldn't have tried to reboot the series.

• User Avatar Image
    Cez

no, yeah, I agree. I really meant that in the case Mandel couldn't voice Graham, I'd love to see Jason Victor do it, but in general, Josh should reprise his role.

• @Cez said: LOL! Lamb!

You know, Anakin, I do talk to Dave from time to time. Maybe I can pitch them Chapters 3-9...

...just for you. Whenever everyone tries to download the game they'll get TT's version, you will get our version no matter how hard you try. :)

Let's not talk about you pitching anything to anyone. I'm trying to eat.
    Besides, this is a KQ related forum and KQ is PG. Unlike the way you want it to be

Making the Black Widow into a horny bisexual nympho who wants to nibble on Graham's ear and thinks Rosella is "succulent" was a very family friendly touch, Cez.

Love that four minute long 4th wall breaking dialogue between you, Graham, and the other team members. Very Space Quest.

Oh....Wait...

• @wilco64256 said: Yeah since the other 29,000 registered users on our website agree with you there I'll definitely have to concede defeat. Oh wait...

On topic - I just hope they get a good voice for Graham, the fact that they're talking to Josh indicates that they could potentially need a voice actor for that part and whether that turns out to be someone who has done his voice before or not isn't quite as important to me as whether they just get a good voice to match the part.

You'd be utterly surprised at who agrees with me and who doesn't.
    Shocked, really.

• Oooh! Perhaps he'd go into a cardiac arrest! That'd show him for making and freely distributing a fan game you don't like!

• @Rather Dashing said: Oooh! Perhaps he'd go into a cardiac arrest! That'd show him for making and freely distributing a fan game you don't like!

Kinda the same situation you're in, right?
    "HOW F&*%ING DARE THEY?!""--You words in regard to TT's KQ, remember?
    Just as no one is forcing you to buy TT's game, no one is forcing me to play their game. But that doesn't mean I can't dislike it. See, I go on evidence--playing it and watching the playthroughs to see how it sucks. You hate a game you haven't even seen yet.

Add Comment