User Avatar Image

Roberta Williams/Josh Mandel discussion

posted by tomst on - last edited - Viewed by 2.8K users

Congrats to the Telltale team for announcing the return of mid-30 year old males (and anyone else old enough to remember this series) to the world of computer gaming!

Can anyone from TT comment on Roberta Williams's involvement in terms of story & design, if such plans even exist?

237 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @MusicallyInspired said: He sounds more like Indiana Jones to me. Fitting, seeing as TSL's Graham bears a striking resemblance to Harrison Ford.

That is exactly what I thought too... based on the in-game model.... not so much a art on their site.

• @Irishmile said: That is exactly what I thought too... based on the in-game model.... not so much a art on their site.

They said years ago they based his appearance on a mix of Harrison Ford and KQ5 Graham. So it's not coincidental or anything.

• User Avatar Image
    Cez

@Anakin Skywalker said: Let's not talk about you pitching anything
    Making the Black Widow into a horny bisexual nympho who wants to nibble on Graham's ear and thinks Rosella is "succulent" was a very family friendly touch, Cez.

lol

The person who actually wrote those lines is the biggest lover of the simplistic style of King's Quest ever. If I'm not fully mistaken, that was all done by Akril, but man... that was actually very funny.

• User Avatar Image
    Cez

@Irishmile said: That is exactly what I thought too... based on the in-game model.... not so much a art on their site.

The art on the site was done by this amazing guy from Brazil. I actually think that his version of Graham looks a lot like Daniel Craig.

• @Cez said: lol

The person who actually wrote those lines is the biggest lover of the simplistic style of King's Quest ever. If I'm not fully mistaken, that was all done by Akril, but man... that was actually very funny.

I'm not the biggest fan of her style. Really the only fanwork I was ever into was the KQ Companion and KQ2VGA.
    However, no matter who wrote them, the Black Widow lines still suck and aren't KQish. That's overly sexual.
    There's a lot of sexual innuendo in your game that I doubt was all written by the same person.

• @Cez said: The art on the site was done by this amazing guy from Brazil. I actually think that his version of Graham looks a lot like Daniel Craig.

Yeah a little... I can see it.

• Yeah. The website art looks like Daniel Craig. The older concept art and the ingame model look like Harrison Ford.

• @MusicallyInspired said: Yeah. The website art looks like Daniel Craig. The older concept art and the ingame model look like Harrison Ford.

OT: I don't like Daniel Craig as Bond. He plays Bond like a charm-less thug.
    For me it's a toss up between Connery and Moore.

• User Avatar Image
    Cez

@MusicallyInspired said: Yeah. The website art looks like Daniel Craig. The older concept art and the ingame model look like Harrison Ford.

The Harrison ford one was done very much on purpose. Rich (Art Director) wanted it that way. I think his reasoning behind it was... "well, Graham is a father figure. Who wouldn't want Harrison Ford to be your father?" lol

The Daniel Craig one I think was more of a coincidence. At least I know we didn't ask for it.

• Moore is my least favorite.

Add Comment