User Avatar Image

Roberta Williams/Josh Mandel discussion

posted by tomst on - last edited - Viewed by 2.6K users

Congrats to the Telltale team for announcing the return of mid-30 year old males (and anyone else old enough to remember this series) to the world of computer gaming!

Can anyone from TT comment on Roberta Williams's involvement in terms of story & design, if such plans even exist?

237 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Irishmile said: Moore is my least favorite.

Ah. See I like Moore because he's like...a gentlemen killer. If that makes sense.
    Connery, however, is perfect. He plays the perfect balance between ruthless, charming, tough, witty. He's the perfect balance between spy, hired skiller and detective, which IMO Bond is a mix of all those.

Moore plays like a witty, funny English detective...But he's also a ruthless, yet gentlemanly killer.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: Kinda the same situation you're in, right?

Nowhere near the same. Telltale isn't a bunch of fans, their version isn't going to be released free of charge(creating a developer/customer relationship, rather than a fan/fan relationship), their installment will be "official" and can very well have an effect on future canonical productions, and the people at Telltale are publicly stating that they not only hate King's Quest, but hate deep and complex puzzles and do not want to put elements of adventure games in their titles.

As fans releasing something for free, the TSL guys could throw themselves in as characters that save the day at the end after the entire main cast of King's Quest is killed off by Satan himself and I wouldn't care because it's fanart that I got for free.

And again, you're allowed to dislike it, but you're not just disliking it. You're chasing down any posts you can by the guys who worked on this title and you're actively goading them and actively making sarcastic jabs at their games in discussions where such things are entirely unrelated to the topic at hand.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: Ah. See I like Moore because he's like...a gentlemen killer. If that makes sense.
    Connery, however, is perfect. He plays the perfect balance between ruthless, charming, tough, witty. He's the perfect balance between spy, hired skiller and detective, which IMO Bond is a mix of all those.

Moore plays like a witty, funny English detective...But he's also a ruthless, yet gentlemanly killer.

I like Moore because of the eyebrow thing.

• @Rather Dashing said: Nowhere near the same. Telltale isn't a bunch of fans, their version isn't going to be released free of charge(creating a developer/customer relationship, rather than a fan/fan relationship), their installment will be "official" and can very well have an effect on future canonical productions, and the people at Telltale are publicly stating that they not only hate King's Quest, but hate deep and complex puzzles and do not want to put elements of adventure games in their titles.

As fans releasing something for free, the TSL guys could throw themselves in as characters that save the day at the end after the entire main cast of King's Quest is killed off by Satan himself and I wouldn't care because it's fanart that I got for free.

And again, you're allowed to dislike it, but you're not just disliking it. You're chasing down any posts you can by the guys who worked on this title and you're actively goading them and actively making sarcastic jabs at their games in discussions where such things are entirely unrelated to the topic at hand.

If the TSL people had their way, they'd be in the same position TT is now, in that they'd have a commercial license and would be charging money for the game.
    Goading them? Don't care. I can see their agenda for what it is.
    Like I said to MI, if you already decided you hate this game and TT...DON'T PLAY IT!

• @Rather Dashing said: Nowhere near the same. Telltale isn't a bunch of fans, their version isn't going to be released free of charge(creating a developer/customer relationship, rather than a fan/fan relationship), their installment will be "official" and can very well have an effect on future canonical productions, and the people at Telltale are publicly stating that they not only hate King's Quest, but hate deep and complex puzzles and do not want to put elements of adventure games in their titles.

King's Quest didn't have complex puzzles. It had Sierra logic puzzles. I love King's Quest but I really hated the Sierra logic. Really? Have to save the rat from the cat with no second chances? Give me a break Roberta Williams.

I would love to hear where they stated they hate King's Quest though. If you could show me a link to where they said that, I definitely reconsider playing their adaptation to the game. Though somehow I doubt they specifically said they hated King's Quest.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: If the TSL people had their way, they'd be in the same position TT is now, in that they'd have a commercial license and would be charging money for the game.
    Goading them? Don't care. I can see their agenda for what it is.
    Like I said to MI, if you already decided you hate this game and TT...DON'T PLAY IT!

Our only agenda is to continue to ruin your life and give you hope that someday, someone somewhere will take you seriously.

Or maybe you'll hate Telltale's game even more than ours and will move on to being paranoid about them buying the rights to your usage of air.

• @wilco64256 said: Our only agenda is to continue to ruin your life and give you hope that someday, someone somewhere will take you seriously.

Or maybe you'll hate Telltale's game even more than ours and will move on to being paranoid about them buying the rights to your usage of air.

Well, you already ruined the KQ series in your rewriting of it.

I doubt I could ever hate ANY game as much as your game, given that I even liked Mask of Eternity.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: Well, you already ruined the KQ series in your rewriting of it.

I doubt I could ever hate ANY game as much as your game, given that I even liked Mask of Eternity.

Yes yes we're all well aware of how your conspiracy theory states that TSL is so bad that it somehow made all of the other King's Quest games worse too. But I'm fuzzy on how that connects to Josh Mandel and Telltale? Are you concerned that Telltale's game will automatically be subpar because of how much you dislike TSL? Because it seems like that's what you're saying...

• @wilco64256 said: Yes yes we're all well aware of how your conspiracy theory states that TSL is so bad that it somehow made all of the other King's Quest games worse too. But I'm fuzzy on how that connects to Josh Mandel and Telltale? Are you concerned that Telltale's game will automatically be subpar because of how much you dislike TSL? Because it seems like that's what you're saying...

I never said anything about TT's game being subpar...?
    You said I might hate TT's game as much as yours. I responded I couldn't.
    Your game's rewriting of the originals put a bad taste in my mouth with regard t the originals due to its suckiness. No conspiracy there.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: I never said anything about TT's game being subpar...?
    You said I might hate TT's game as much as yours. I responded I couldn't.
    Your game's rewriting of the originals put a bad taste in my mouth with regard t the originals due to its suckiness. No conspiracy there.

Ah ok so you like the original 8 less because you hated TSL so much. Still not sure what that has to do with the topic of this thread??

Add Comment