User Avatar Image

What's with all the aggression on this forum?

posted by Daventry on - last edited - Viewed by 826 users

I've mentioned before that I'm relatively new to these forums. I've been a huge King's Quest fan since I was a little kid, so a new KQ announcement naturally attracted me to this message board. At first I was quite excited to see such a dedicated community, but over the course of these past few weeks I've picked up on a fair bit of hostile aggression, making this place (in my opinion), not as pleasant as it could be.

I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same way? I've been active on several other adventure gaming forums throughout the years (SierraGamers, SierraForums, Cort-X, and even Sierra's own forums before they were shut down, just to name a few), and this one seems to have the most hostile group of posters by far.

I don't mean to single anyone out specifically. I understand that we're all quite opinionated and feel strongly about Sierra, Telltale, King's Quest, and Roberta Williams in one way or another. But the fact that we all share the same passion should bring us together, right?

If you feel the same way, maybe we can all (emphasis on all) try a bit better to stay cordial with our comments? And remember, we can always agree to disagree.

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Cez

    you can't really do that with Anakin around.... the guy turns any comment made into a hate TSL statement (even if it has nothing to do with it). And I'm not even kidding! I'm actually starting to seriously think there's something wrong with the guy. That just can't be normal.

    But, other than that, I agree. This game will have tons and tons of things to love about, and tons of things to dislike about most likely. Just like any game based on something we all love that is not being made by the original designers.

  • SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!!!

    Just kidding... nah stick around there are plenty of really great people here... There are also a few very opinionated people who for the most part mean you no harm.

    @Cez said: you can't really do that with Anakin around.... the guy turns any comment made into a hate TSL statement (even if it has nothing to do with it). And I'm not even kidding! I'm actually starting to seriously think there's something wrong with the guy. That just can't be normal.

    But, other than that, I agree. This game will have tons and tons of things to love about, and tons of things to dislike about most likely. Just like any game based on something we all love that is not being made by the original designers.

    Not cool man... cut the guy some slack... I mean his Mom is dead.... The Emperor is creeping all over him... He cant touch his girlfriend because he is part of a religious cult... and his BFF just cut off his limbs and lit him on fire... EMPATHY DUDE... look it up... :D

  • I'm quite vocal and passionate about my opinions, but I'm never hostile toward anybody. I respect each and every one here.

  • MI, my post wasn't directed at you or anyone else in particular. More about us as a group on the whole and the overall vibes I've felt here thus far. I think being vocal is fine, and being passionate is awesome.

    P.S. loved your work in KQIII :)

  • Yes some of us have had our hostile moments in the past and have since gotten over them.

    Anakin, however, is solely responsible for the death-by-strangling of a great many stuffed giraffes. In fact I intend to see to it that strangling a stuffed giraffe makes it into our next game somehow.

  • @wilco64256 said: Yes some of us have had our hostile moments in the past and have since gotten over them.

    Anakin, however, is solely responsible for the death-by-strangling of a great many stuffed giraffes. In fact I intend to see to it that strangling a stuffed giraffe makes it into our next game somehow.

    Cool!
    Make sure it's an emo Giraffe who has an overly complex backstory.

  • There has definitely been some negativity toward the new KQ. While I don't really believe most of it is warranted, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I wouldn't categorize the forum as hostile, but I have a feeling a lot of this will go away once we start getting more info on the game.

  • @GuybrushWilco said: There has definitely been some negativity toward the new KQ. While I don't really believe most of it is warranted, everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I wouldn't categorize the forum as hostile, but I have a feeling a lot of this will go away once we start getting more info on the game.

    Na. This game is DOA.
    The AGDI and TSL people managed to make it hip to hate even before a screenshot came out.

  • @Anakin Skywalker said: Cool!
    Make sure it's an emo Giraffe who has an overly complex backstory.

    Well, obviously. :) He'll be a bi nympho, too. With a blog.

  • @Anakin Skywalker said: Cool!
    Make sure it's an emo Giraffe who has an overly complex backstory.

    You seem to be the only character named Anakin Skywalker that I actually like.

Add Comment