User Avatar Image

What's with all the aggression on this forum?

posted by Daventry on - last edited - Viewed by 902 users

I've mentioned before that I'm relatively new to these forums. I've been a huge King's Quest fan since I was a little kid, so a new KQ announcement naturally attracted me to this message board. At first I was quite excited to see such a dedicated community, but over the course of these past few weeks I've picked up on a fair bit of hostile aggression, making this place (in my opinion), not as pleasant as it could be.

I was just wondering if anyone else feels the same way? I've been active on several other adventure gaming forums throughout the years (SierraGamers, SierraForums, Cort-X, and even Sierra's own forums before they were shut down, just to name a few), and this one seems to have the most hostile group of posters by far.

I don't mean to single anyone out specifically. I understand that we're all quite opinionated and feel strongly about Sierra, Telltale, King's Quest, and Roberta Williams in one way or another. But the fact that we all share the same passion should bring us together, right?

If you feel the same way, maybe we can all (emphasis on all) try a bit better to stay cordial with our comments? And remember, we can always agree to disagree.

80 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Anakin Skywalker said: Na. This game is DOA.
    The AGDI and TSL people managed to make it hip to hate even before a screenshot came out.

LOL. When have any of us said we would HATE the game? Concerns have been expressed, sure, some doubt here and there, but that's all.

For my part, I generally try my best to be courteous to everyone online.

• That remains to be seen - I certainly won't ever be a hater, even if I don't like the game. I can just walk away and ignore it and do something else with my time.

My own personal feelings aside, somebody once said that "King's Quest fans are really difficult to please." Probably the understatement of the decade.

• @KatieHal said: Well, obviously. :) He'll be a bi nympho, too. With a blog.

And he needs to have twelve minute long inner monologues about his tortured soul and his crushing sadness while looking at a hot transsexual Zebra. And he also needs to get into overlong conversations full of overly emotional cliches.

And he needs to be a sort of Chosen Giraffe who is really, unbeknown to him, the son of a member of a powerful, evil people and this needs to be revealed in an "OMG REALLY?" sort of fashion.

Go for it. Angst Quest.

The AGDI and TSL people managed to make it hip to hate even before a screenshot came out.

I'm a diehard KQ fan, I really enjoyed AGDI's games, and I also feel that Telltale's past games have been simplistic, yet I'm still optimistic and excited about their new KQ.

yep it's a conspiracy.

• @Giant Tope said: yep it's a conspiracy.

No, just spitefulness, jealousy and resentment that TT got the license and they didn't. They feel they deserve the license more.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: No, just spitefulness, jealousy and resentment that TT got the license and they didn't. They feel they deserve the license more.

Come on Anakin, cut it out. This is exactly the kind of stuff I was talking about.

• @Anakin Skywalker said: No, just spitefulness, jealousy and resentment that TT got the license and they didn't. They feel they deserve the license more.

Well I can't speak for the AGDI crew but I can say for certain that those of us over at Phoenix are perfectly content with how things have worked out.

It's cool how you've completley made this up and made it the center of a crusade against a certain subset of forum users.

• @wilco64256 said: Well I can't speak for the AGDI crew but I can say for certain that those of us over at Phoenix are perfectly content with how things have worked out.

I'm sure :rolleyes:
    Considering Cez told me in PM how it'd essentially be the worst thing ever back around December. How it'd be "make me wish (POS) got the license."

Add Comment