User Avatar Image

What's Mr. Purcell Doing?

posted by Falanca on - last edited - Viewed by 831 users

So here we are, in between seasons. It's almost TOO clear that there are no plans of a fourth season at the moment. So, what's Steve doing? Is he there at the office? You keep him there sitting? Is he with you there?

Hey Steve! How are you, my man! How you doin? What do you think of Dreamworks' Puss in Boots movie? Those guys are ridicilous, am I right? Could you rate me on how I look? I took on my best pose just for my main man!

63 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • I think also it could be that all Pixar movies have a moral were Sam and Max rarely do.

• monsters inc has always been my favorite pixar movie, A Sam & Max movie does sound pretty cool tho I must admit

• @Falanca said: Well, that's something.

That's sadly true. Flawless, beautiful animation comes with a price if we're talking about characters that don't fit the general archetype of a CGI movie character. But, you know, movie industry has always marked their accomplishments with doing things out of ordinary, who's to say a possible Pixar movie starring Sam and Max, that retains their humor that everyone loves, will not completely change the way we look at animation? I think that's a risk some people should try to take, and I can't think of any other fictional duo fitting such a role.

Agreeing with most of your points. To be honest, I've been kind of hoping that Pixar would take itself in another direction when it came to storytelling. It's great at hooking in a diversity of audiences with themes that reach out to many people, and managing to keep concepts fresh (I'm astounded they managed to make a Toy Story 3) - but that's kind of turned into a bit of a comfort zone, and it'd be cool for them to push their boundaries a little, even if everyone won't exactly like it.

Granted, the subjects don't have to be Sam and Max - though that would be quite cool, indeed. While Telltale has managed to succeed in putting a narrative that lasts hours to a series of shenanigans that eventually lead up to something, I am a bit skeptical of how anyone would pull of a complete feature film.

If they could, though - that would be something to see.

• @1nky said: Granted, the subjects don't have to be Sam and Max - though that would be quite cool, indeed. While Telltale has managed to succeed in putting a narrative that lasts hours to a series of shenanigans that eventually lead up to something, I am a bit skeptical of how anyone would pull of a complete feature film.

If they could, though - that would be something to see.

Well, if Pixar sets their minds on such a thing, I believe the first thing they would think of working on would be Sam and Max. Or... If they ever wanted to make a movie with a lot of cartoon violence and downright absurdity -without the use of crude imagery and language, or well, not TOO many of'em -, they would question if they could do it BECAUSE of the availability of Sam and Max to them. If we talk about Pixar, I can think of nothing else. I mean, what else they can work on, other than an IP? South Park? Beavis and Butthead? Those are just too risky and kind of pointless. Taking all these risks and working on an IP would also be just a waste of good marketing opportunity, as there are already many people who are fans of Sam and Max.

Filling 90 minutes with a Sam and Max kind of storyline, characters and dialouges would be the easiest thing, I believe. I wonder why you are skeptical about that, above all other things.

• How about Sam and Max in a Pixar short? That might work.

• I think what 1nky means is similar to a quote from Purcell that Sam and Max work best in short doses, which capture the surealism of the original without having to explain Non sequiturs in exposition. I don't believe this is always true as Sam and Max are so flexable. Probably my first option for a film story would be a standard crime story with a villain or number two would be a road trip.

• @Sausy Gibbon said: I think what 1nky means is similar to a quote from Purcell that Sam and Max work best in short doses, which capture the surealism of the original without having to explain Non sequiturs in exposition. I don't believe this is always true as Sam and Max are so flexable. Probably my first option for a film story would be a standard crime story with a villain or number two would be a road trip.

It always varies within the motives of whoever the villain is. The surroundings Sam and Max has to go through depends on the plan of the villain. Sam and Max is there to narrate and make jokes about the places and the bad guy. So in the end, get a creative bad guy and write him an elaborate yet totally ABSURD goal, and you'll get a good movie scenario for Sam and Max.

• @GuruGuru214 said: So basically, Sam & Max might be a better fit for Dreamworks?

...Nah.

dream works sucks. "monsters vs aliens"? wtf kind of movie title is that?

• @monkeyhead234 said: dream works sucks. "monsters vs aliens"? wtf kind of movie title is that?

I know right? I can't even think of anything that can be successful bearing a title very similar to this!

Add Comment