User Avatar Image

So how "true" to hit the road should telltale be?

posted by Anonymous on - last edited - Viewed by 608 users

Lets face it, it's a tough game to follow up ;) Do you think the new game should play exactly as hit the road? Inventory, moving to locations, etc I imagine talking to characters would be the same, actually probably better judging from Bone, and there would be some cool mini games as well. There needs to be some absurd puzzles though.. What do you think? What from hit the road do you think has to be part of the new game?

35 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

Bone 1 was great in graphics & sound, so I think the new S&M games will be rocking in art, animation, music and sound. I am sure they are going to call Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson back, I've read they also did the voices for the cancelled game.

What we need in a S&M game is....a game: we need the challenge we did not experience in Bone 1, more hotspots and freedom to move in 6-7 locations at once...otherwise it's not an adventure game, it's just a partially interactive cutscene.

Domenico (Italy)

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

The dog/bunny relationship is definately the most important thing I agree. If they nail that (and the voices) then they've got it made.

What I don't want to see is Max being stupid for the sake of it. He's a true psychotic, and should remain that way.

Look at the second season of Invader Zim, or what happened to the simpsons. They latched onto the hook of the series and then exploited it until it was dead. They really need to maintain the balance while still retaining its' own brand of wacky.

I'm sure Steve will be on to that one, no problems.

• lets hope they use the actors from the game instead of the ones from the cartoon. assuming that the actors from the game are still alive.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

In case they are dead we should better get our hands on a real, really big diamond and go back in time. The voices were perfect. A good voice can make me listen to the whole dialogue instead of just reading over it before the voice actor is done. Another example how top notch Lucasarts Adventures used to be, their voice acting talent was nothing short of great.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

what I'm thinking about, is if it'll pick up from where Hit the Road left.
    Would it feel wierd if the world suddenly isn't "covered in trees"?

should the bigfoots make a cameo.

etc.

• [quote]lets hope they use the actors from the game instead of the ones from the cartoon. assuming that the actors from the game are still alive.[/quote]

They are. Heh.

• User Avatar Image
    Anonymous

[quote]what I'm thinking about, is if it'll pick up from where Hit the Road left.
    Would it feel wierd if the world suddenly isn't "covered in trees"?

should the bigfoots make a cameo.

etc.[/quote]

oh yeah what characters from hit the road/or the comics would you like to see back?

I'd love to see Flint with a bigger role B-)

• [quote]
    oh yeah what characters from hit the road/or the comics would you like to see back?

I'd love to see Flint with a bigger role B-)[/quote]
    "Flint Paper is insane. I really respect that."

• Well, I loved Hit the Road, but I expect Telltale (and Purcell) to take as much creative freedom as they want. Unlike with Freelance Police, which was apparently very much a Hit the Road Part 2, they really aren't confined to anything. Not that I suspect FP was all that confined, but let's just say that now that they're not working under the eyes of LucasArts they can be as "out there" as they want, always a good thing, and really something characters like Sam & Max thrive in. :D

• That is one of the things I'm looking forward to in the Sam & Max episodes. They aren't confined to any set storyline, like the Bone series. That puts a limit on what kind of puzzles or jokes or whatever can be put in the game. The S&M episodes are going to have more freedom so Telltale can have more fun with them. Not that they aren't having fun with Bone. You know what I mean.

Add Comment