User Avatar Image

"Your order failed" again

posted by Soultaker on - last edited - Viewed by 155 users

Hi,

I tried to order Sam & Max Season 2 today, and I get the same error that I got a few months earlier. Apparently, back then, the problem was with Digital River not liking my e-mail address for some reason.

Can this be fixed ASAP? I do like supporting small software companies and all and I would like to pay for the game, but if you are not willing to sell it to me on reasonable terms, I'll obtain it elsewhere.

I don't think it's right that I have to jump through hoops because you or your partners automatically assume that people with a GeoCities.com e-mail address account are frauds. In fact, I find it rude considering that I have to pay you up front (so you are not at risk at all) yet you refuse my order even though my e-mail address and credit card information are perfectly valid. I made two earlier orders with the same account that I both paid on time and in full. My first order was with the same e-mail address that is now being rejected, so I know there is no technical reason why my order should be rejected.

You are probably going to blame this on Digital River again, but I must say that I find that a very weak excuse. Hiring them to handle the payment and delivery of the game was your decision (certainly not mine!) so naturally I hold you responsible for their policies and actions. If you are not willing to provide a basic level of customer service (accepting a valid order) then I will take my business elsewhere. I do however hope you sort this out, as I'd rather play the game now then wait for a cracked version to surface on a Torrent site.

4 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • You can also very easily sign up for a hotmail, gmail, yahoo, or other free address to place the order with.

• I agree with you, it does sound like a weak excuse, and I wish there was something more I could do about it. Please believe me when I say that we are very aware of the limitations of this system and this policy makes me angry, too.

I have emailed DR (again) voicing my opinion about how ridiculous the policy is. I have also added a Season Two order to your account, so if you check your account now, you'll see it. (You won't have to pay for it, consider it an apology for the inconvenience.)

• [quote](tabacco) You can also very easily sign up for a hotmail, gmail, yahoo, or other free address to place the order with.[/quote]
    Well yes, but then the order still has to be moved to my Telltale account, or I have to register a second one (which I will definitely forget about if it doesn't use my regular address), et cetera. It's not at all impossible (it worked out eventually last summer as well) but it's still a bother, and for no good reason (it's not as if Hotmail accounts are any more reliable).

Which is why I complain about it: to make sure Telltale is aware of what I perceive to be a problem.

[quote](Emily) I have emailed DR (again) voicing my opinion about how ridiculous the policy is. I have also added a Season Two order to your account, so if you check your account now, you'll see it. [/quote]
    Thank you! I guess that gives me little right to complain now, although I still hopes this gets fixed. (For other customers, an error message stating that the e-mail address is rejected would already be much more helpful than the generic "Order failed" message.)

We'll see how things are going when dvd-ordering-time comes around. ;)

• For what it's worth, DR wrote back to say that you can now place an order with that email address. I'm waiting for confirmation on whether it's just your address and not all Geocities address, and/or if it's just for now and will become a problem again in the future, but at least that's something.

[quote](For other customers, an error message stating that the e-mail address is rejected would already be much more helpful than the generic "Order failed" message.)[/quote]

Agreed, and that error message is another thing that I've been trying to get changed for so long that it probably just sounds like an excuse when I try to defend myself. ;)

Add Comment