User Avatar Image

Constructive Criticism...

posted by jmine83 on - last edited - Viewed by 1.4K users

Just thought I would quickly share some constructive criticism to the developers. Please refer to the enclosed picture I have prepared that explains my suggestions in question. All around, I'm sure it will be a remarkable and excellent game of course, but when it comes to certain details as the enclosed picture explains, I just have to scratch my head and ask "why" sometimes developers make the decisions they do and overlook details. I do sympathize though. This is a very big project I'm sure and your doing a wonderful job.

Considering, however, that the Nedry jeep detail thread got a positive response from Mark Darin of Telltale Games, it is very encouraging and rewarding to the fanatics of Jurassic Park that we can give our feedback and actually make some contributions into the design and content of the game. So thank you Telltale developers for listening.

68 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Personally, I'm not worried about minor mistakes that TellTale does with the game, but I do care about the time line and geography. Considering it's a game, I know that the geography of the island will be a little off, but that's for that game part. If the map itself or scenes from the movie are completely off, then I will be a bit disappointed. But I feel that TellTale is doing an excellent job, and for some reason I want to say that this game is going to be the best JP game made so far, due to what seems so far as a well written story.

• jmine83, can you post those JP maps here?

• I must say I'm very impressed with the amount of communication between the TellTale Team and the fans.

• @MarkDarin said: Like I said in the other post... Go ahead and keep posting these little details and inaccuracies when you see them. We try to keep track of everything, but occasionally some things may slip through the cracks. We appreciate the help when you guys are keeping and eye out!

Its looking great, and I'm glad you guys go back and check over your work. This franchise is not to be taken lightly when making an addition to the universe of Jurassic Park, and it seems you guys are 100% taking the correct approach! Its also so great that you did a Jurassic Park I game because finally we get a new one that is better than then NES game! Sure, it was fun when we didnt have something else, but look! In a month we will have this game that will capture the imagination of the entire planet!! Your scientists have done something that has never been done before!!!!

But seriously, there were minor flaws in the first Jurassic Park film, but it still was the greatest grossing movie of all time for quite a while, and 18 years later (today), it still remains about #13 out of every movie ever created! Whatever you do from here Telltale, it will turn out good as long as you keep the feel of the first movie going with it (AND THE ORIGINAL DINOSAUR SOUND EFFECTS!!!!!!). The fact that you kept the original raptor style instead of going JPIII was great, so thanks again Telltale!

@MarkDarin said: The team is aware and looking for ways to incorporate jmine's input! So rad!

Wow, Its still so hard to believe Telltale actually follows the customer's wishes (im sorry to sound so suprised, i just feel bad i hadnt come accross your company before)! Most companies do it thier way and expect to make sales but I have done some research on your guys' work and it seems that you actually care!!!! Great to know, I definetaly feel comfortable investing my money in your projects Telltale!!!

• @RexMaster said:
    Wow, Its still so hard to believe Telltale actually follows the customer's wishes (im sorry to sound so suprised, i just feel bad i hadnt come accross your company before)! Most companies do it thier way and expect to make sales but I have done some research on your guys' work and it seems that you actually care!!!! Great to know, I definetaly feel comfortable investing my money in your projects Telltale!!!

Yeah, I definitely plan to buy your games in the future.

• Telltale, you are simply awesome :D Threads like these show why a company such as NBC Universal trusted you with 2 of its prime franchises :D

Keep up the awesome work!

• Nice catch jmine! You've got an eye for detail. That's awesome that you were able to recreate the badges and sign on illustrator. I've checked out the maps on JP Legacy and those are really good too. Like others have said, I think it's awesome that Telltale takes what the fans say into consideration.

• Over at JPLegacy, there's talk of making a group to comb through all the media released so far for inaccuracies. Dunno who'd be interesting in forming/setting up one.

• Something I noticed in the gameplay footage at the triceratops paddock is that there is no trench/moat within the fence. Was the trench/moat in all of the dinosaur paddocks or were there some without it?

• @Alpharaptor said: Something I noticed in the gameplay footage at the triceratops paddock is that there is no trench/moat within the fence. Was the trench/moat in all of the dinosaur paddocks or were there some without it?

Some had a very narrow, shallow trench compared to the more dangerous dinosaurs, and only in places that placed the visitors close to the dinos

Add Comment