User Avatar Image

Biff and Delorean

posted by zoitberg on - last edited - Viewed by 1.3K users

Hi everyone !

There was always two things in bttf2 the bothered me.
One is Biff and Delorean and second is Doc become some way commended by goverment (newspaper )

When Marty and Doc travel to the future, senior Biff spot the Delorean and instead of saying some trivial "WTF is this?" He KNEW that this was a Time machine, and knew how to set a clock, go 80 miles etc... Ha ! He even told his younger self that in the future Marty or Doc will go after him.

Question remains : How he knew this much about Delorean?! How he knew this "crazy, wild-eyed old man who claims to be a scientist" ?

In the 2rd part Doc shown Marty newspaper with text "Emmett Brown commended". I assume that in later years he told the world about time travels (and create a Institute of Future Technology <-- non canonical). Then we got two options:

1. Doc in second part (future) is still anonymous, he become recognizable after they alter Biff Hell Valley . In the end of third part when Marty asked Doc about the future Doc replied "we already been there" .

In this timeline (in the future) Biff dont know anything about time travels yet. Doc can build as many time machines as he want because in the future he is... First Citizen Brown (Eeevil Ending ;P )

2. Doc in second part (future) before he come back for Marty he learned that he was honored, he become recognizable person. This would explain that Biff knew what is "Delorean" . But in this time version we don't know how long Doc remained in the future ("Oh no ! Marty's son and his family are in trouble ! I must come back.. but before. Let pimp our Delorean with flying ambility and 18" rims .Yeaach") and.. How may things he know about .. THE FUTURE !!! ;)

There always bother me what "the status" (dead, live,famous, anonymous ect.) have Doc in 2015. For 100% Emmett that goes to the future in the end of first part search for future himself. What he learned? ;) Maybe in game it will be explained...

18549_0072_2_lg.jpg

Sorry if i made any grammar mistakes. English is not my native language :(

82 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • User Avatar Image
    Jennifer Moderator

@Shadowknight1 said: I'd just like to know why he apparently walks right past it in the game, since Marty left the car unlocked. I swear, Marty doesn't realize how valuable that car is.

George is there too. Biff acts like a coward around George, so I doubt he'd try to steal the DeLorean with him standing right there looking at him when Biff doesn't even know what the DeLorean actually does, and he doesn't even know for sure that it is the same DeLorean he saw flying and disappearing in 1985.

• Huh, now I want to browse through the movies for relevant quotes. However, it's almost 6:30 am and I really need to get to bed soon (I could seriously use a time machine to fix my sleep schedule), so I'll have to remember to come back to it tomorrow.

• @Spengler56 said: I always thought that Mr. Fushion was intended to replace gas and then its function was changed in the third movie. When Doc referred to the trash as fuel I thought it was clear he meant it was like gas. That's why Doc had to explain it to Marty in part 3.

Mr. Fusion is a replacement for the plutonium, causing the nuclear reaction that generates the 1.21 gigawatts (hence the name "fusion"). Marty thought it also replaced the gas, but he was wrong.

• @Shadowknight1 said:
    As for Biff coming back to 2015A, he DID. We didn't see anything change for Marty and Doc because, presumably, Hilldale is either unaffected, or because Biff is apparently dead in 2015A, the city has gotten back to normal. Marty and Doc didn't stay at the McFly house, so they didn't see that the family probably faded away as they probably wouldn't be living there.

That does not make sense for me. Actually only the time machine and it's passenger(s) are constants. So when Marty in BTTF I changed George's and Lorraine's past and returns to 1985 in the end, the difference to the 1985 before the time travel only wonders Marty: because he is/was from the "original" timeline where George was a chicken.
    But of course for Doc, Einstein, George, Lorraine, Dave, Linda, Jennifer and everyone else on earth it was their ONLY reality they know.

So when Biff steals the Delorean, changes the past he should return to a 2015 which followed the altered timeline with Hell Valley which obviously never led to a 1985 where Doc invented the time machine and a completely different future.
    But this should have no effect on either the Delorean or old Biff himself: because they are from "the original 2015".
    And even IF Doc invented the time machine it should be a Doc and a Marty which know Hell Valley because it's their reality. Just old Biff could be curious about it because he is actually not from that timeline.

• @Carlos85G said: Doc shows Marty the Hill Valley Telegraph from May 22th, 1983 from the alternate timeline, with the headline "Emmett Brown Commited" (meaning he got recluded in an insane asylum -Hill Valley Hospital-). This is a newspaper from the Past, not the Future.

How did you get the date? Is it visible on the Blu-Ray-Edition?

• @tope1983 said: That does not make sense for me. Actually only the time machine and it's passenger(s) are constants. So when Marty in BTTF I changed George's and Lorraine's past and returns to 1985 in the end, the difference to the 1985 before the time travel only wonders Marty: because he is/was from the "original" timeline where George was a chicken.
    But of course for Doc, Einstein, George, Lorraine, Dave, Linda, Jennifer and everyone else on earth it was their ONLY reality they know.

So when Biff steals the Delorean, changes the past he should return to a 2015 which followed the altered timeline with Hell Valley which obviously never led to a 1985 where Doc invented the time machine and a completely different future.
    But this should have no effect on either the Delorean or old Biff himself: because they are from "the original 2015".
    And even IF Doc invented the time machine it should be a Doc and a Marty which know Hell Valley because it's their reality. Just old Biff could be curious about it because he is actually not from that timeline.

One of the theories is that the Ripple Effect only affects time travelling people (and stuff) when their existence is prevented. Just as in II, where 2015 ripples to 2015A around Doc, Marty, Jennifer and Einstein (the DeLorean probably exist because every piece is already designed), because they're from a previous moment in the Continuum, and 1955 ripples to 1955B when Doc is struck by lightning; and like in Ep. 2, where Doc and Einstein dissapear because they're too old to be living in this timeline.

• [quote=tope1983;467783]that does not make sense for me. Actually only the time machine and it's passenger(s) are constants. So when marty in bttf i changed george's and lorraine's past and returns to 1985 in the end, the difference to the 1985 before the time travel only wonders marty: Because he is/was from the "original" timeline where george was a chicken.
    But of course for doc, einstein, george, lorraine, dave, linda, jennifer and everyone else on earth it was their only reality they know.

So when biff steals the delorean, changes the past he should return to a 2015 which followed the altered timeline with hell valley which obviously never led to a 1985 where doc invented the time machine and a completely different future.
    But this should have no effect on either the delorean or old biff himself: Because they are from "the original 2015".
    And even if doc invented the time machine it should be a doc and a marty which know hell valley because it's their reality. Just old biff could be curious about it because he is actually not from that timeline.[/quote]

exactly! :d

• @tope1983 said: That does not make sense for me. Actually only the time machine and it's passenger(s) are constants. So when Marty in BTTF I changed George's and Lorraine's past and returns to 1985 in the end, the difference to the 1985 before the time travel only wonders Marty: because he is/was from the "original" timeline where George was a chicken.

There is no evidince it is not an alternate 2015 in fact the deleted scene is evidence that it IS. All that we see is hilldale.

• @Michael J Fox is Canadian said: There is no evidince it is not an alternate 2015 in fact the deleted scene is evidence that it IS. All that we see is hilldale.

Plus there was no mention in the movies about people suddenly gaining memories of a different timeline all of a sudden. So Marty and Doc in 2015 would still be oblivious the same way Doc was oblivious in part III when Marty comes back to 1855 to rescue him. If their memories and stuff changed, he should've already known Marty was coming to rescue him.

• @cj_o_hummer said: How did you get the date? Is it visible on the Blu-Ray-Edition?

http://www.icollector.com/images/1202/18549/18549_0071_1_lg.jpg

I messed up with the date by a day :p. Fixed on my first post.

Add Comment