User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 43.7K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Friar said: I've haven't seen the episode myself yet (i'm a sucker for boxsets, so I refuse to buy standalone DVDs until I complete the boxsets.), so to me, he'll always be alfred.

    I don't think the episode even exists as a DVD since the BBC taped over most of it. What I saw was a fan reconstruction using recovered audio and still images spliced with whatever video remained. Still loved it though. I wish I could have seen the whole thing.

  • @Alcoremortis said: I don't think the episode even exists as a DVD since the BBC taped over most of it. What I saw was a fan reconstruction using recovered audio and still images spliced with whatever video remained. Still loved it though. I wish I could have seen the whole thing.



    Can't BBC animate it like they did with the cybermen lost eps from the 2nd doctor era.

  • @coolsome said: Can't BBC animate it like they did with the cybermen lost eps from the 2nd doctor era.

    They probably could, but I don't think they have as of yet. Poor forgotten Celestial Toymaker...

  • @coolsome said: Can't BBC animate it like they did with the cybermen lost eps from the 2nd doctor era.

    There's actually an interesting story behind that animated reconstruction...

    ...but I won't go into it here. A lot of the story can be found here. Personally, I too would like more animated episodes, but failing that, the already existing reconstructions are a good alternative.

  • @Darth Marsden said: There's actually an interesting story behind that animated reconstruction...

    ...but I won't go into it here. A lot of the story can be found here. Personally, I too would like more animated episodes, but failing that, the already existing reconstructions are a good alternative.

    It's incredibly unlikely any aniamted reconstuction will happen again, as the first was extremely expensive on the Restoration Team.

  • Yeah, I know. Still be nice though.

  • So the audio dramas have (once again) piqued my interest. THIS TIME, I AM INTENT I WILL FINALLY PURCHASE ONE OF THEM.

    I've decided I'll either go with Lost Stories or a recent Monthly Series 'Season'. Seven has the best audio drama seasons according to Time Scales, but I'm also considering just pre-ordering all of Five's season that's starting next month. Or Maybe Seven's Lost Stories Season also starting next month. TOO MANY CHOICES

  • @Ribs said: So the audio dramas have (once again) piqued my interest. THIS TIME, I AM INTENT I WILL FINALLY PURCHASE ONE OF THEM.

    I've decided I'll either go with Lost Stories or a recent Monthly Series 'Season'. Seven has the best audio drama seasons according to Time Scales, but I'm also considering just pre-ordering all of Five's season that's starting next month. Or Maybe Seven's Lost Stories Season also starting next month. TOO MANY CHOICES

    Which is exactly why im sticking to the Paul mcgann ones! There's a few releases on sale for a fiver still. None of them are particularly noteworthy though ( I believe they're just ones that aren't selling as well. )

    I heard somewhere that soon the number of individual doctor who audios will outnumber the amount of classic storylines!

    Oh yeah, don't forget the comic relief episodes tonight. Plus you can bid on a phone call from Matt smith, Stephen moffat as well as two signed script. Currently at £600 I think. Oh, and you hey two tickets for the doctor who experience and get followed by moffat on twitter. Do a search for twitrelief. I would post a link, but I'm still using my iPod as my laptop is still under repairs!

    Also Colin baker has convinced Nicola Bryant (peri) to start using twitter.

  • @Friar said: Which is exactly why im sticking to the Paul mcgann ones! There's a few releases on sale for a fiver still. None of them are particularly noteworthy though ( I believe they're just ones that aren't selling as well. )

    I heard somewhere that soon the number of individual doctor who audios will outnumber the amount of classic storylines!

    It already has. 150 from monthly series + 34 Eighth Doctor Adventures + 40something Companion Chronicles.

    For the record, Nicola Bryant's Twitter is @thenicolabryant.

    Also, Colin Baker's twitter is the best for tweets letting us know how he couldn't eat donuts at Big Finish because Nicola Bryant finished all of them.

  • Well, that's exactly the sort of thing that Twitter was invented for. My life is richer for knowing that. God bless the internet!

    As a side note, is anyone else suffering from Red Nose Day Overdose (aka R'NDO)? It's been like two weeks, and it's not even the day itself. Enough, already. Bloody good cause, but I couldn't care less what celebrities are up to, I really couldn't.

Add Comment