15 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @doom saber said: For me, it is hard to say about TT Sam's protrayal since the voice actor plays TT Sam quite well and the way TT seems to write him seems to fit the way he is protrayed like the LA games.

That's game. Singular.

As hard as it is to believe, the Telltale games will soon make up a more significant chunk of the Sam & Max universe than the original did. Isn't this a wonderful age we live in?

• Sir Lemming, don't be bitter - we grew up on Hit the Road... It's sort of like smelling a food you used to eat as a kid, it just brings up sweet sweet nostalgia....

• Games as in Hit the Road and Freelance Police. (Yes it still exists even though it was cancelled ! :| :P)

• If a game is canceled in a forest..does anyone hear the sound?

• @xChri5x said: Games as in Hit the Road and Freelance Police. (Yes it still exists even though it was cancelled ! :| :P)

True. I mean, Lucas arts did release screenshots and a preview of the game, which shows Max's violent and rude personality. As to Sir Lemming's comment, it is also easier to say games as oppose to the LA game and the preview and screenshots of the cancelled Freelance police game. Both are games despite one is cancelled near completion and as Chri5 have said, the game still exist....on some programmer's harddrive.

Besides, in episode 2 of season 1, Max did referenced the scene in the freelance police preview, where he is stomping on some crook while saying "Why won't you just die!"

• @doom saber said:

As for my complaints about the TT Sam's voice, I just wished the voice actor phrases out the "Holy...." and "You crack me up little buddy" sentences with a bit more emotion since it sounded monotone in Ice Station Santa and I would assume he would sound suprise saying the holy phrase; it is a trivial thing though.

Agreed. This episode he sounded more bored and monotone than ever... it is like the voice actor had given up on life and taken it out on us, the gamers... ok, not that bad, but still it could be much better.

• @doom saber said: True. I mean, Lucas arts did release screenshots and a preview of the game, which shows Max's violent and rude personality. As to Sir Lemming's comment, it is also easier to say games as oppose to the LA game and the preview and screenshots of the cancelled Freelance police game. Both are games despite one is cancelled near completion and as Chri5 have said, the game still exist....on some programmer's harddrive.

Besides, in episode 2 of season 1, Max did referenced the scene in the freelance police preview, where he is stomping on some crook while saying "Why won't you just die!"

Also, there's a case file in the office that is dated the same time as the release of the canceled game. Sam & Max say that they remember the particularly gruesome case.

• @sam&maxfan said: Also, there's a case file in the office that is dated the same time as the release of the canceled game. Sam & Max say that they remember the particularly gruesome case.

I mentioned that on this forum sometime ago but another poster pretty much gave me a harsh response, saying something like it doesn't means that Freelance police ever happened in the S&M timeline and it was a meta joke. So I avoided mentioning it this time around.

Add Comment