User Avatar Image

The Newly Regenerated Doctor Who Thread

posted by Friar on - last edited - Viewed by 40.4K users

So, Christmas is approaching, and with it a brand new Doctor who episode, and seeing as it's no longer series 5, I thought it would be time for a new, more generalised Doctor who thread!

For those who are new to the series, It features a humanoid Alien (timelord) called the Doctor, who travels in time and space in the TARDIS. He's the last of his race, and when he dies, he regenerates into a new person (up to 13 times). So far he has done so 11 times, with the current, 11th doctor being Matt Smith.
the11doctors.png

To kick things off, here's a trailer for the new Doctor who ipod/iphone/ipad/android game: The mazes of time!

4.1K Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Darth Marsden said: Well, that's exactly the sort of thing that Twitter was invented for. My life is richer for knowing that. God bless the internet!

    As a side note, is anyone else suffering from Red Nose Day Overdose (aka R'NDO)? It's been like two weeks, and it's not even the day itself. Enough, already. Bloody good cause, but I couldn't care less what celebrities are up to, I really couldn't.

    But red nose day is today! Although im sick (that autocorrectrd to dick!) of people selling me cakes with far too much sugar in them...

    Oh and that rnd auction also contains preview tickets for the first two series 6 episodes on April 4th in London. Which is kinda awesome!

  • Wow, Amy pond is trending on twitter...
    And David tennant is still able to make me cry by visiting far away places to help people.

    If you non-UK whovians wish to see the Comic relief episodes, you can find them here (Don't forget to donate!)

  • Meh. I'd have prefered another trailer, which we're getting tomorrow anyway apparently.

  • @Ribs said: Meh. I'd have prefered another trailer, which we're getting tomorrow anyway apparently.

    Really? Ooh, can't wait.

    As a side note, i've had to trial other blu-ray player software, and have just tried PowerDVD 10 Ultra, which can force 2D blu-rays into 3D (providing you have the correct monitor and glasses). Which made me think: Seeing the Tardis go through the vortex in 3D would be awesome. Here's hoping for mini-episodes on the 3DS!

  • @Friar said: Wow, Amy pond is trending on twitter...
    And David tennant is still able to make me cry by visiting far away places to help people.

    If you non-UK whovians wish to see the Comic relief episodes, you can find them here (Don't forget to donate!)

    Thanks for posting these!

  • @Alcoremortis said: Thanks for posting these!

    They're available on itunes now (in the UK at least) for £1.80, with £1.04 of that going to charity (the rest presumably going to Apple).

  • A few days ago Colin Baker put up a few thoughts about Nicolas Courtney (He was the only Classic Series Doctor to never meet the Brigadier, unless you count Dimensions in Time, funfact)
    The sad note of the year so far has come with the death of dear, lovely Nick Courtney. He really was ‘the guvnor’ as far as Dr Who was concerned and there was only one of him. Doctors? Ten a penny! Companions? Twenty a penny! Brigadeers? Just the one.

    Not only that but he was in every sense of the word – a gentleman. I never heard him say anything hurtful to anyone, nor did I hear him do anything other than see the other fellow’s point of view. Things that would make me furious and vocal would only provoke the merest of sighs and resignation from Nick. Even when he said ‘No’ he did so in the most charming way so that theperson concerned did not feel rejected but honoured that his Brigship hadshared a conversation with him.

    I went to his funeral last week which was made most affecting by the fact that the officiating priest Bert Baker was a personal friend of Nick and Karen – indeed he had married them. So unlike what can happen on this occasion she was able to speak from experience of the splendid fellow that Nick was. I sat with Sylvester, Wendy Padbury and Frazer Hines and we were all greatly moved.

    It was a substantial turn out, many of those attending from the world of Doctor Who, which was a tribute to the great man that Nick was. I remembered that whenever I met him he never failed to ask after my daughters whom he enquired of by name. He was an impressive man with great memory for people and a great interest in them. I gather there will be a memorial to him later in the year and have no doubt that the attendance at that will be huge and we will hear countless stories of his charm, humour and thoroughdecency.

    I will miss him hugely and can only imagine how Karen, his wife, will be feeling. My heart goes out to her.

    So yeah, sad stuff. But it's nice to see they were friends despite them sharing screentime for one minute in a non-canonical and rather confusing and terrible special.

  • ...you're forgetting audios. Pretty sure they were in the same audio. May need to look that up though.

    Thanks for posting the RND specials. (Wow, that abbreviation comes also close to another one used by Doctor Who fans, doesn't it?) I skipped the day itself, though I did do my bit with a few Red Noses I will never use again.

  • @Darth Marsden said: ...you're forgetting audios. Pretty sure they were in the same audio. May need to look that up though.

    Thanks for posting the RND specials. (Wow, that abbreviation comes also close to another one used by Doctor Who fans, doesn't it?) I skipped the day itself, though I did do my bit with a few Red Noses I will never use again.

    Yeah, they were both in Zagreus (as was pretty much everyone!). But the odd thing about audios is that you can have a conversation with someone who isn't their. The 8th doctor had a conversation with Jon Pertwee, despite Pertwee dying several years before! (they used audio from some fan projects he was involved in, and adapted the dialogue to suit it)

  • @Friar said: Yeah, they were both in Zagreus (as was pretty much everyone!). But the odd thing about audios is that you can have a conversation with someone who isn't their. The 8th doctor had a conversation with Jon Pertwee, despite Pertwee dying several years before! (they used audio from some fan projects he was involved in, and adapted the dialogue to suit it)

    I believe the Big Finish Audios (at least, the majority of them) are all recorded live with eachother based on the fact the Recorded on Date is one or two solid date(s).

Add Comment