User Avatar Image

You know what would tide me over until season 4?

posted by EvilDeadFan on - last edited - Viewed by 677 users

How about an HD remake of Hit the Road? May be tought since I believe Lucasarts owns the license to it, but come on, they could work together, if it worked for Monkey Island, it will work maybe even better for Sam and max Hit the Road! what do you guys say? :D

22 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • @Tricky_bluefox said: Yea I would like to see a good remake of hit the road. I read about it never had the pleasure of playing it.

If you can find it, the original is still superb and much better graphics and audio quality than the original Monkey Island that was remade. I'm not sure Sam and Max Hit the Road needs to be remade. :-) Maybe remaster the audio though.

• I've been thinking that a NEW Sam and Max game made in the 2D style of the Monkey Island remakes would be better than a Sam and Max Hit the Road remake. It would be a full game instead of released episodically. You know, old fashioned like Hit the Road. Could be a direct sequel of Hit the Road - or better yet, could be Plunge Through Space. ;-)

• I thought LucasArts did a fine job with their updated versions of Monkey Island 1 & 2. I'd like to see them give Hit The Road a similar treatment. Maybe Maniac Mansion too?

• I'd love to see Hit the Road remade (hell, I'd settle for just re-releasing it without any kind of updates), but from a business standpoint it wouldn't benefit either of the necessary companies as much as what they're doing now.

Telltale can already make Sam and Max games without having to share the profits with another company, and LucasArts profits enough by publishing an endless sea of mediocre Star Wars games. ;)

• @RAnthonyMahan said: and LucasArts profits enough by publishing an endless sea of mediocre Star Wars games. ;)

and that's real strange to me o_o

• You know what would tide me over until season 4?

More machinima, actually

• Doesn't Steve Purcell own the rights to Sam and Max not Telltale? I think TellTale have the copyright of their games but not the characters and they are free for Purcell to licence were he pleases. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

• @Sausy Gibbon said: Doesn't Steve Purcell own the rights to Sam and Max not Telltale? I think TellTale have the copyright of their games but not the characters and they are free for Purcell to licence were he pleases. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Purcell does have rights to Sam and Max, but I believe Lucasarts has rights to Hit the Road.

• @Sausy Gibbon said: Doesn't Steve Purcell own the rights to Sam and Max not Telltale? I think TellTale have the copyright of their games but not the characters and they are free for Purcell to licence were he pleases. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Yes and no. Steve Purcell owns the rights to Sam and Max, but he's given Telltale the license to make Sam and Max games. Steve is free to license out Sam and Max to, say, other comic companies or animation studios, but if he allowed another game company to handle Sam and Max while Telltale still has the license it'd probably be seen as a breach of contract.

Telltale doesn't necessarily have the license permanently, of course. If Steve really wanted to (not that he does, but speaking hypothetically), there must be a way that he could deny Telltale further licensing rights. It definitely wouldn't be as simple as "I'm going to temporarily take the license away from Telltale, give it to LucasArts so they can remake Hit the Road, and then give it back to Telltale" though.

Add Comment