User Avatar Image

Introduce Yourself!

posted by GuruGuru214 on - last edited - Viewed by 76.5K users

Just about every forum I've seen has had an introduction thread, and with the new licenses bringing in so many new faces, I feel ours should be no exception. This thread is for new members to introduce themselves and say hello. If you guys like, it can also be for old members to introduce themselves to the new members.

And yes, I'm aware that we already had this thread two months ago, but after the way that one went, I felt a blank slate was in order.

Well! Guess I'll get the ball rolling!

Greetings! I'm GuruGuru214, though most call me Guru. I've been here for around a year and a half, and at the moment I believe I have the 5th highest post count among active posters (behind Avistew, Rather Dashing, Jake, and Irishmile). This means that I talk a lot but not necessarily that I have a lot to say. :D Needless to say, I could very well be the mod who spends the most time on here.

I also started the longest running thread on the forums back before my modship, which is something that fills me with both pride and shame, depending on what's going on in there at any given time.

I've been a gamer for as long as I can remember and own every Nintendo console there is.

th_DSC03361.jpg

See? I also own the full Telltale library, with the exception of Texas Hold'em. Once a year, you'll find me running the Great Monkey Island Race and the Great Sam & Max Race, a speed run competition through every game in each series and a whole lot of fun. Other times, you might find me on other crazy exploits, like running the entire Kingdom Hearts series in chronological order, or cataloging my game collection and then attempting to beat all the games I never finished.

I like to think I'm easy to get along with, as long as you're a reasonable person. Don't look for trouble and we should get along just fine.

Welcome to Telltale! Enjoy your stay and don't cross me! :D

317 Comments - Linear Discussion: Classic Style
  • Like I said, after the way that went, I felt we needed a blank slate.

• @Hayden said: He's gotten away with much worse before.

You're thinking of this thread.

LOL I did post in that thread... I forgot about that post I crack myself up somethimes

@Hayden said: Like Strongbad once said... Hello you do not know it yet but I am the reason you are here.

• I'm TomPravetz, but my real name is Tom Pravetz. If that is too complicated for you, you can always call me "The Lord Almighty," "Heavenly Father Whose Mercy I Am Completely Dependant On," or just simply "God". Most people do. If you ever see a post that reads "Oh, God," or such, scroll up. There I am! Say hi! Depending on my mood, I'll either say something witty back, something useful, or something completely irrelevant.

While I am perfect, I have a few things labelled as "disorders." I'm ADHD, so I will not read long posts, schizoid, so I don't care what you have to say, and legally blind, so I cannot see what you post. Basically, I talk and ignore.

Also, despite the fact that most derailments can be traced back to me, I never rarely am directly the cause. Mostly I post something so unbelievably interesting that everyone else feels the need to respond to it directly. I am not a troll. Making that clear now. If you are a troll, then I must ask you to leave. Our resident troll spot has been taken up by Fawful, and it seems Pants has wedged himself in any left over space. So sorry. See you on some other forum. Or not. Since this is the only one I use. Too bad for you. Asshole.

So what do you need to know about me? I am imperfectly perfect, a god,witty, and down-right attractive. According to Christian legend, it took "God" 7 days to create the earth and universe. It took him 9 months to make me. My poor mother had to carry me-in-construction around while Jehovah did his work. I must really give him credit then. He certainly did a top-notch job.

I cannot really tell you to much about myself, as a general never reveals his target before hand. The only information I can tell you that is left is that I do enjoy the occasional genocide, war, or other "evil, tyrannous, acts." So welcome to Telltale. Welcome to my forum. Welcome to Hell. Please enjoy your stay.

(Also, Guru. Welcome to my kill list. Credit is due where... well... umm... credit is due. I will get my name on a stickied thread, and it will thrust me into modhood, much like... well.... stuff that gets thrusted into things? Watch your back, boy.)

EDIT:
    WAIT! Guru is a mod?! You're already dead, man. You just don't know it.

• I am VeronicanPlay, real name must then be Veronica and I can play computer games. :p

I guess I could categorize my self as a forum lurker, as I post here and there just to get some opinions out (Get my post count up) and feel I am part of something.
    I am also a great admirer of "Forum Guru's" as I like to call them, basically people who can do what I can't so I think they are really cool.

I joined this forum when Tales of Monkey Island came out and I just needed to talk to someone about it as no one around me likes Monkey Island as much as I do.
    And Tales was my first Adventure game ever, and ever since I have been hooked.
    I am now a Monkey Island fan and I love playing adventure games.

When I am not at work I spent the rest of my day in front of a computer, where I play all sorts of games, my favorites are MMORPG, RPG, Hack n’ Slash, First Person Shooter and Adventure games.

In general I am a shy person and have some trouble relaxing around people, even here on the forum I am scared to post most of the time, so mostly it’s closing my eyes and hitting the submit button. (But I am getting better at it).
    But when I get past that I am really a nice person who loves to talk, and have a good time like everyone else.

• Hello, my name is Friar.
    More on that story later. But for now, we have Giant Tope with the weather...

• Hello, you can call me Nemo, aka Giant Tope. I've been here since about when Lair of the Leviathan was released. I enjoy spending my time conversing with friends, playing games, volunteering, and generally trying to understand the world better. Hobbies generally include cooking, drawing, crafting, and sewing, though I'm trying to expand my hobbies in time.

Things to generally know about me is that I'm really faulty when it comes to spelling as well as word placement. I also have issues with accidentally reading words out of order because they look like they're all squished together sometimes, so I may reply to something that won't make sense. I'm trying to get better at this, but please understand I do have difficulties occasionally.

I also notice that sometimes people read my comments as harsh or angry. I'm rarely genuinely angry, and nine times out of ten when I am, I'm mad at myself and not you. When I ask "What are you talking about?", unless otherwise specified, I genuinely don't know what you're talking about and I'm asking for further clarification. I don't want to sound mean or anything, so I'm trying to get better at that also.

I'm generally just a soft spoken shy kid, but if we have same interests, I'll talk a lot. I enjoy having people to talk to, so don't be afraid to do so. I don't think there's a single person on this forum whom I genuinely loathe, and even if there is, I'm quick to mental forgiveness.

I think that's generally it for anyone actually caring enough to read this.

• I'm The Gentleman, but I'm more well known as Cthonic or Necrotic Fever.

I play just about any type of game. Except strategy.

I would love to play games with people. If you fancy a game, PM me!

• Hello, I'm DrRocketGenius. I'm not really a doctor and I'm not really a rocket, but I might be a genius. Not sure. I've been hanging around here since the Strong Bad days. I am a huge Nintendo fan and my body is always ready for whatever stuff they make.

You may call me Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville. Or whatever else works.

• Hi. I smell terrible.

Besides that, I've been following telltale since the first Sam n Max; just bothered to sign up in these forums.

This will probably be my last post. Any suggestions otherwise are welcome.

Add Comment